Those are two of the little faces I have to get ready each weekday morning now that school is back in session. You don’t see my oldest (who is in middle school) or my husband, both of which are also back in school. It’s definitely a hectic time around here with getting supplies, doing homework, and really just getting back into the swing of things. Back to school is an exciting time and can be a little overwhelming so I want to share a few tips on transitioning a little easier this back to school year. Whether it’s for yourself, your kids, or your spouse these tips will hopefully help you save a little sanity and ease back into the school year.
- Have a schedule and stick to it as much as possible. If the kids come home one day and sit and watch tv (when they have homework) and the next day you make them sit right down they aren’t going to understand the importance of staying on top of things. For us it’s better for them to come home, snack, do homework and then have free time. That may not work for you but making the schedule that does is sure to help them stay on top of what they need to do.
- Get it done the night before. Here we have a crazy schedule. My elementary aged children go from 7:15-1:30 and the middle schooler goes from 9:15-3:30. It’s an early morning every weekday for us so I tend to try to put the dry parts of the lunches together and make sure everything is in the backpack the night before. That helps us not to be rushing around in the morning.
- Stay connected. It’ so important now days to stay connected to the teachers. With the internet, email and all the devices that keep us connect it’s so much easier to stay on top of that. I love that the middle school here has a site for parents to keep up with current work , grades and happenings.
Those are just a few tips we use. Thanks to technology it’s so easy to stay connected with the schools and teachers, not to mention as my son gets older and ventures to high school he will need more than a pen and paper. One of the things we are searching for now (for my husband who is going for his masters) and will be in a couple years for my son (as he goes to high school) are laptops, printers and more. They will both need to be connected due to online courses, need to print items out and have access to the work assigned. Walmart carries a great line of HP products to help with all those needs:
HP Pavilion dv6-7029wm Entertainment PC: The HP Pavilion dv6-70929wm is sure to be the best entertainment PC on campus. With a sleek, tapered metal design, it’s easy to pick up. And with cool features like Beats Audio™ amplified by quad speakers and a subwoofer, it’s tough to put down.
HP Deskjet 3052a e-All-in-One Printer:With an HP e-Print wireless enabled printer you can now print from your smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere! Your children can send photos and assignments from the classroom right to your HP ePrint printer at home by simply sending an email. This printer is also great for teens going away to college! You can share photos and recipes with them in their dorm room. Stay in touch with your students with HP ePrint.
HP XL Ink Cartridges: Back-to-school means lots of printing! These cartridges fit in your printer like HP’s regular cartridges, but they hold more ink! The best part is they are now available at Walmart and Walmart.com/HPink so you can stock up on ink when you buy groceries. You can save up to 40% on printing with HP’s XL ink cartridges*. That’s a great value any mom can appreciate! ***Compared with single, standard HP ink cartridges. Based on average retail pricing, actual prices may vary.
One reader will win a $25 Walmart Gift Card to help with back to school essentials. Enter using the form below…
**I did receive a promotional items as a thank you for my time. For more on my policies please see my disclosure under the PR Friendly tab.**
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- What’s Your Heart Attitude? - March 28, 2017
- Potty Training Must Haves + What Is The Right Time to Potty Train? - March 23, 2017
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen Wants Us All To Inspire Goodness + $50 Gift Card Giveaway - March 21, 2017