From Mississippi to the Florida Panhandle, loads of Americans are drawn to the Gulf Coast in hopes of experiencing the quintessential beach vacation. With the sounds of waves lapping on the shore, you and your family will be lured to the turquoise green water, white sand beaches, and cool gulf breezes. Whatever your vacation preference, you’ll find this family-friendly guide to the best beaches on the Gulf Coast will help you create unforgettable memories.
4 Spots for an Unforgettable Family Gulf Coast Vacation
- Gulf Shores, Alabama: With summer water temperatures in the 80’s, gentle waves and uber-soft white sand, this an ideal stop for young travelers. This coastal destination is perfect for history buffs seeking a little R&R because of its close vicinity to Fort Morgan. Some refer to it as the “finest example of military architecture” in the world. And if you’re looking for solitude, the further west you travel, the less congested the beach will get.
- Galveston, Texas: As home to Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Moody Gardens, this fun-filled destination has plenty to offer families. With the bustling Kemah Boardwalk stretching over the water with carnival rides, seafood restaurants and tons of festivals, Galveston allows you to enjoy the beach and all of the surrounding excitement. Also, history fans and pirate aficionados will appreciate touring Campeche, once a settlement inhabited by a French pirate by the name of Jean Lafitte.
- Destin and Sandestin, Florida: This Northwestern Florida go-to spot features green water and dreamy white sand beaches to earn its name as the Emerald Coast. In addition to beach time, there are abundant activities to choose from like fishing charters, pristine golf courses, Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park, outlet shopping and much more. If you’re traveling with a furry friend, be sure to check out Destin Bark Dog Park (next to Destin City Hall) so Fido gets a chance to stretch his legs and paws.
- Florida Keys, Florida: Enjoy the sand and surf at this sublime vacation destination. Whether you’re interested in visiting the nature preserve to observe butterflies or experiencing the abundant history and charm of Key West, this is a hands-down favorite. There are so many Keys to visit with fun activities and delightful food to match any family’s interests.
Once you have an idea of where you want to spend your family vacation or weekend getaway enjoying the best beaches on the Gulf Coast, take a minute to think about how you’re getting there. And if you’re heading for a road trip, double check your liability car insurance policy to make sure you have the coverage you need for your upcoming adventure. If you haven’t checked on your policy lately, now may be a good time to get quotes for car insurance.
Note: Sponsored content was created and provided by Nationwide Insurance.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Keep Your Kids Room Smelling Fresh With Aroma Breeze - April 1, 2015
- Riptides Sports Grill on Pensacola Beach #TravelReview - March 31, 2015
- Easy BBQ Chicken Recipe With Super Secret Ingredient #SpringPicnic - March 30, 2015