This post was created in partnership with Winn Dixie. I have bene compensated in exchange for this post.
Easy, healthy, homemade snacks are my kind of treat, which is why I headed to my local Winn Dixie Sunday.
Right now, tomatoes are in season, which means they are big, ripe, and juicy. Perfect for sandwiches, salsa, pasta and a plethora of other dishes. On my trip, I picked up some Roma tomatoes (on sale, mind you), because I had a hankering for my Quick and Easy Bruschetta Recipe. When I say quick and easy, that’s exactly what I mean. There aren’t many dishes you won’t find tomatoes in, seeing as I am half Italian, but one of my favorite ways to enjoy them are in Bruschetta!
My recipe for Bruschetta, is possibly the best and tastiest bruschetta recipe you’ll come across. I say that because from prep to finish it only takes about ten minutes (see note in recipe). I don’t know about you, but a recipe that doesn’t take all day, always seems to taste better to me! This is also great for those on a gluten-free or paleo diet. While I used melba toasts in my recipe, you can adjust that to something that works for your specific gluten-free or paleo needs.
Best Bruschetta Recipe
- 5 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh basil leaves
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Dice tomatoes and put into bowl. I scrape about half of the tomato insides out and keep the other half.
- Mince basil and garlic. Add to tomatoes.
- Add olive oil and stir! *you can add salt and pepper to taste, but it’s amazing without*
- Top Bagel Chips or Melba toast with bruschetta mixture and enjoy!
**Note, you can allow this to sit for an hour or so to let flavors blend, but I am impatient and like to eat it right away hence why mine takes about ten minutes**
Like I said, it’s, in my opinion, the best bruschetta recipe, you can whip it up for a mid-day snack or adjust the measurements and use it for an appetizer at your next dinner party. It is sure to be a hit!
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars - September 21, 2016
- Easy Blueberry Cheesecake With Fresh From Florida Produce - September 20, 2016
- Easy School Lunch With Ocean Spray, Chicken Salad and Trail Mix - September 19, 2016