We are just getting back into the swing of things after Christmas break. The kids just started back to school, which means homework and easy after school snacks. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar recipe is super easy to make, and it’s a quick and easy after school snack for kids to enjoy while they are working on their homework. Or put the homework off for a bit and enjoy a chocolate peanut butter bar with a glass of milk or Sparkling Ice Grape Raspberry while you discuss their day.
You can pick up all the ingredients needed for these chocolate peanut butter bars at any of the Kroger family stores.
The Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar only has ten ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to make!
Ingredient List for Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (not melted)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Peter Pan crunchy or creamy peanut butter (this is all about preference of taste and if you want a smooth or crunchy texture).
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- Pecan halves, crushed (I use about 3 ounces) *optional*
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar Instructions
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease 9×13 inch pan
- In large bowl mix vanilla, brown sugar, sugar, butter and Peter Pan Peanut Butter for about 3 minutes or until creamy.
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl and then beat into the peanut butter mixture along with the eggs.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and set rest aside.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the top, is light golden brown. Place pan on a wire rack to cool.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top and allow to sit for 5 minutes, then spread evenly on top. Then sprinkle with pecans and drizzle with melted peanut butter, if desired.
- Allow to cool completely then cut into bars and enjoy with milk or a glass of the new Sparkling Ice Grape Raspberry Drink that is now available at Kroger!
I love being able to add something like Peter Pan Peanut Butter (in either Peter Pan Originals, Peter Pan Naturals or Peter Pan simply ground) to my snacks for the kids to make sure they are getting protein. It’s not always easy to get them to eat the protein they need, so adding it into snacks is an easy way to do that. This time I used the original Peter Pan because it’s a great value and a brand I know and love. However, I will often find myself picking up Peter Pan Naturals because of it being 100% Natural, 100% Delicious. Non-GMO Project verified and made with Sustainable Palm Oil. No matter which I choose, I am never disappointed.
I love that this Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar recipe is easy and it tastes pretty close to one of their favorite candy treats, so they love it. You can get creative with these peanut butter bars and change out the pecans for walnuts, or drizzle it with melted peanut butter like I did above. Another quick idea that requires no recipe is to open up a can of Chef Boyardee and enjoy a less sweet treat in the afternoons! Whether you go for it or these delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, you won’t be let down, and you can enjoy some tasty (and quick) back to school eats!
Before you stock up be sure to check out the savings going on:
- $0.80 off 4 or $2.50 off 10 cans of Chef Boyardee
- $0.60 off 3 Snack Pack
- $1.00 off 1 Snack Pack Naturals
- $1.50 off 1 Peter Pan Original
- $1.50 off 1 Peter Pan Natural
What would you add to your Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar Recipe?
If you liked this recipe be sure to check out my No Bake Cookie and S’more Pie recipes!
Be sure to check out this sweepstakes:
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen Wants Us All To Inspire Goodness + $50 Gift Card Giveaway - March 21, 2017
- Raceday Food Ideas To Enjoy During the IMSA Racing Event - March 14, 2017
- Homemade Berry Sorbet - March 13, 2017