I love to bake and one of the things being oven less has taught me is you don’t always need an oven to make something super tasty in the baked goods. This caramel pie is one that is so good and so simple (shhh, don’t tell). I have been making it for years and it is always a favorite with family, friends and my husband’s co-workers!
|Simple Caramel Pie Recipe…So YUMMY!||
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (9 in) graham cracker crust, ready made
- 1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mini chocolate chips, chopped peanuts, and/or chocolate shavings for topping
- Pour milk into 2 cup glass measuring cup.
- Cover with aluminum foil
- Place measuring cup in a 3.5 quart electric slow cooker
- Carefully pour hot water in slow cooker to reach the level of milk in measuring cup (around outside).
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 hours.
- Pour caramelized milk into crust; cool completely.
- Spread whipped topping over pie; sprinkle with chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, chopped peanuts or anything else you would like as a topping
- Cover and chill 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Yields 1 (9 inch) pie.
It’s rich and addictive so beware.
Sorry there are no photos, I will edit to add when I make it again, I totally forgot to do that when I made the one for hubby’s work.
*this is an old post I revived in case you can’t tell in the comments!