Thanks to Betty Crocker™ Potatoes for sponsoring today’s discussion
Christmas time is upon us, which means so holiday traditions are being made. We have some great holiday traditions that we do every year. Each year we, as a family, bake cookies, set out snacks for Santa and the reindeer, open a present Christmas Eve, watch The Christmas Story together, and on Christmas day spend time together making some of our favorite dishes. This year, while past traditions will remain, we will be adding a new dish to our old favorites, thanks toBetty Crocker™ Potato Mixes. Of course before I add it to my Christmas table I had to try it out with some, more than willing, guests. Last night I made “Cheesy Mushroom Spinach Potato Casserole”
I gathered up all the ingredients (not pictured are milk and water) and got to preparing this super easy potato side dish recipe.
- 1 box Betty Crocker julienne potatoes
- 1.5 cups boiling water
- ⅛ cup butter, cut up
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup shredded cheese (we used cheddar)
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Spray 8x8 inch glass baking dish
- In medium sized mixing bowl, mix potatoes, sauce mix, and boiling water.
- Once mixed stir in butter, sour cream, milk, spinach, and mushrooms
- Pour into baking dish
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, then remove and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place back in over for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly around edges
- Remove and let stand for 5 minutes
What I love about this holiday potato recipe, is how easy it is to make. You can double the recipe and put in a 13×9 inch pan for a bigger crowd. Make one without veggies for picky eaters! I love that Betty uses 100% real potatoes for the best flavor available…and it was definitely a hit with my family because at the end of the night, there was not a smidgen left. There are even 11 different varieties of Betty Crocker Casserole Potatoes you can try: Au Gratin, Scalloped, three Cheese, Cheesy Scalloped, Julienne, Loaded Casserole, Sour Cream and Chives, Parmesan and Asiago, Cheesy Hashbrown, Cheddar Bacon, and Roasted Garlic. So, no matter what side dish you want to prepare, I bet there is a Betty Crocker potato for it.
Now, to help you pick up some Betty Crocker potatoes I have a fun giveaway! Before you enter, be sure to check out the Betty Crocker™ page for lots of recipe ideas, and snag this $.50/2 box coupon, which is only available for a limited time, to go stock up on some potato mixes!
One reader will win $15 paypal cash to help them stock up on Betty Crocker potatoes! To enter simply use the giveaway tools form below!
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- The Dark Prophecy (Trials of Apollo, Book 2) Prize Pack Giveaway - April 28, 2017
- 13 Reason Why is Opening Up Dialogue Between Parents and Teens - April 27, 2017
- Let Mom Escape with Cafe Breaks + Mother’s Day Sweepstakes - April 26, 2017