I love me a good chocolate chip cookie, but I also love adding extras to them to see what I like and what I don’t and a new favorite of mine is Chocolate Chip Popcorn Cookies. Putting these two favorites is a treat to your tastebuds…they explode with the flavor and texture of these cookies!
These Chocolate Chip Popcorn Cookies are a unique cookie that may surprise guests. What’s awesome about these is if you have a popcorn maker or air popper, make popcorn as you usually do, but don’t worry, you don’t need any special equipment to make popcorn! Use your microwave and the recipe below.
Chocolate Chip Popcorn Cookies
To start you want to get the popcorn ready! Here’s how:
- Place 1/4 cup un-popped popcorn in a brown paper grocery bag.
- Fold down the top 3-4 times (or more if the bag doesn’t fit in your microwave.)
- Microwave on high for 2-5 minutes (it all depends on the microwave, so listen carefully)
- Remove from microwave and let cool before opening bag. Open bag, measure and crush lightly for this cookie recipe.
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups popped popcorn, lightly crushed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped almonds (or try pecans or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the large bowl of your mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Slowly beat in eggs and vanilla until incorporated. Combine baking soda and flour and gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, popcorn and nuts.
- On a greased cookie sheet, drop dough by tablespoons keeping them 2" apart. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and place on wire racks to cool.
TThese cookies would be great for an upcoming class party…say Valentine’s Day! Have you ever added things to your chocolate chip cookies and ended up with an unexpected favorite?
More of our favorite recipes to try:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Raspberry Mojito Mocktail Recipe
- 4 Quick & Easy Valentine’s Treats Kids Will Love
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Pensacola Beach’s ‘Bands on the Beach’ 2017 Lineup #Travel - February 21, 2017
- Sick Day Must Haves! #SickJustGotReal #Ad - February 17, 2017
- Easy Cheesy Buffalo Dip Recipe - February 15, 2017