It’s St. Patricks Day, which means it’s time for all things green and lucky, things like Chocolate Mint Bark! Lucky for you I have a tasty treat, to share, that incorporates green. Just carry some of these around to avoid the pinches AND make friends really happy with a yummy treat. This treat is easy to make, which is alway a plus!
Now, I am weird, I like chocolate and mint, just not combined…it’s strange. However, my family and friends love the combination, so I know they’ll love this goodness! I’ll just have to use my weirdness as an excuse to share a double chocolate bark, in the future.
For today, however, we are talking mint and chocolate!
Four ingredients and just a few tools and you are on your way to chocolatey, minty goodness. The steps are simple and before you know it, you’ll have a treat to enjoy this St. Patricks Day!
- 1 bag Cocoa Mint Wilton Candy Melts
- 1 bag Andies Mints
- 1 bag Mint Green M&M's
- St. Patrick's Day Sprinkles
- Parchment paper
- Place the Wilton Candy Melts into a bowl and microwave for one minute. Stir, and continue cooking at 30 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted candy onto parchment paper. It can be flat on a counter or it can be lining a pan as seen here.
- Sprinkle in the candies and sprinkles randomly. It is better if you don't try to plan where each piece will go.
- Let cool on the counter, or you can speed up the process by placing it in the freezer.
- Once hardened, break into pieces.
This Chocolate Mint Bark is sure to be a hit with friends and family this St. Patricks Day…or any day really. I think I am going to have to make lots more type of bark, in the near future…particularly one with dark chocolate and almonds. Don’t worry, I’ll share when I do…the recipe, I’m eating the bark all myself!
What are some of your favorite St. Patricks Day themed goodies?