Today I am sharing with you a recipe my grandmother gave to me. It’s one I make every holiday. Why I haven’t posted it until now is beyond me. I think it’s because I make it and eat it and get into a sugary stupor. So this year I am sharing it before I make it, hence the no photos. I’ll be sure to do a photo only post of the yumminess when I do make it.
|Christmas Chex Mix||
- 1 (8 ounce) can salted peanuts
- 1 (8 ounce) bag pretzels
- 1 (12 ounce) bag M&M’s plain chocolate candy
- 3 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 2 (12 ounce) bags white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Add first five ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add white chips and oil to a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stir and microwave another 30 seconds or until melted.(I stir every 30 seconds)
- Pour melted chips over mixture and mix until well coated
- Spread in thin layer over wax paper to cool.
- Once cool break apart and put in container.
- Enjoy to your hearts content
This is definitely a snack that doesn’t last long in our home, maybe you’ll have better luck!