When it’s game day, it’s usually about what team is going to win, but as hostess, it was all about what I was going to cook as hostess of our game day party. I decided something easy that is a hit with most people…a taco bar. What better way to cater to different needs that to put out toppings galore, homemade salsa, homemade guacamole, shell choices, and of course tasty meats!
For the kids, we stuck to regular beef tacos, but for use adults, we wanted something a little different! So, I decided to make Cilantro Lime Chicken and My Simple Guacamole.
The best part about our taco night is every single recipe that had to be mixed or cooked, took little to no time for preparation and little to no time standing over a stove. Thanks to Old El Paso I was able to get shells that worked for everyone. With choices like bold nacho cheese flavor, plain shells, plain tortillas, and soft and hard stand and stuff shells/bowls…the possibilities were endless! That is what makes a great taco bar…choices, and Old El Paso and Avocados from Mexico help you give choices galore!
A taco bar perfect for big games like the super bowl, but they are ideal for your regular family dinner. Now, who’s ready to find out how to make my Cilantro Lime Chicken and Easy Guacamole
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 1 jar Old El Paso Thick and Chunky Salsa
- 1 packet Old El Paso Fajita Seasoning
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Mix first four ingredients in bowl
- Add chicken breasts, and coat
- Pour mixture and chicken into slow cooker
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Take chicken out and shred
- Return to slow cooker and turn to warm
- Serve on tacos and top with favorite toppings
Pro Tip: Use Reynold’s slow cooker liner for easy cleanup
That recipe is so easy, and the chicken has such a good flavor if you have leftovers you can use it in other chicken dishes like chicken pasta!! For the easy guacamole, you just remove avocados from the shell and throw pit away. Mash avocado in a bowl and add favorite seasonings! I usually use 1 avocado per person! A super simple topping to put on your Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos!
What are some toppings you would put on top of your Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos?
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen Wants Us All To Inspire Goodness + $50 Gift Card Giveaway - March 21, 2017
- Raceday Food Ideas To Enjoy During the IMSA Racing Event - March 14, 2017
- Homemade Berry Sorbet - March 13, 2017