I love living on the Gulf Coast and I also love food. Lucky for me, Pensacola Beach combines both this weekend. On September 15 & 16, 2012 on Pensacola Beach, Florida you can enjoy the sand, sun and great food from local restaurants. The 5th annual Tast of the Beach is where local chefs showcase some of their yummy (and I mean YUMMY) appetizers, main meals, desserts, and drinks. If you are a fan of sun, fun and food then this is the place you want to be this weekend.
Check out the local food talent line up:
- Riptides Sports Grill -Yucatan Crawfish Lettuce Wrap.
- Bamboo Willies – Virgin Island Blow Pop
- Beach Pops & Wild Roots – Organic Frozen Treats, Organic Salads, and Sandwiches
- Castaways – Gumbo
- Crab’s We Got ‘Em – Crab Cake Sliders and She Crab Soup
- Dog House Deli – Mama Dawgs Red Beans & Rice, Signature Hot Dogs & Banana Pudding
- Flounder’s Chowder House– Chowder & Shrimp Kabobs
- Grand Marlin – Honey Jerk Shrimp with Island Rice & Pineapple Rum Butter
- Hemingway’s Island Grill – Ropa Vieja and Key Lime Pie
- Hooters – Naked Wings, Breaded Wings and Drums with Dipping Sauces
- Laguna’s – Blackened Fish Tacos with Roasted Corn Salsa
- Lillo’s Tuscan Grille– Sausage Sliders
- Paradise Bar and Grill – Shrimp Salad/Mini Cuban Sandwiches
- PegLeg Pete’s – Cajun Fried Catfish & Shrimp and Coconut Shrimp?Riptides
- Shaggy’s – Big Pig Sliders
- Sidelines Sports Bar and Restaurant– Fresh Fried Grouper Nuggets and Steamed Shrimp
- Surf Burger – Slider Burger and Red Beans & Rice
- The Dock – Double Stack Burgers and Smoked Yellow Fin Tuna Dip
- The Wine Bar – Cuban Sandwich with Jarlsberg Cheese
This started back in 2008 with Visit Pensacola’s Celebrity Chef and has definitely grown into a fun event that locals and travelers alike, love. It will take place at the Gulfside Pavillion at Casino Beach…for those non-locals that’s the main beach area on Pensacola Beach, just head to the big “beach ball” (water tower) and you’ve made it to the right parking lot. There will be live music, a kids area, a corvette show, contests and, of course, the yummy food. Most of it is free but if you want to tempt your tastebuds you will have to pay for that part. This truly is a great family event!
If you live in driving distance come down on Saturday and Sunday from 11-4 and join the locals (me, I should be there). If you aren’t local think about making a trip down for the weekend. There are a lot of great hotels to stay at on Pensacola Beach, if they aren’t booked up already, so look into taking a mini-vacay and come join us here on the Gulf Coast for food, fast cars and lots of fun! Which restaurant would you be running toward first if you were attending this weekend?
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Kids Shows On Netflix For Those “I’m Bored” Summer Days - June 29, 2015
- Our Favorite Summer Movies (so far) + Fandango Gift Card Giveaway - June 29, 2015
- Boat Trip Essentials, For Your Day On The Water! - June 29, 2015