I am a HUGE fan of avocado’s and anytime I can eat them alone or in a recipe I will. Â The little green piece of heaven is wonderful with lemon and salt, made into guacamole, or even as part of an entree. Â I came across the recipe below on Avocado.org and it’s one that even my picky kids like (or maybe it’s because they don’t know the avocado is good for you shhhh let’s don’t tell them).
Angel Hair Pasta with Avocado and Salmon
- 1Â (26-oz. jar) prepared creamy Alfredo Sauce
- Â½Â lb.Â angel hair pasta (dry weight)
- 1Â ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2Â Tbsp.Â fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1Â lb.Â salmon, cooked, skinned, boned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- ?Â cupÂ black olives, sliced
- 4Â oz.Â cauliflower florets, steamed
- 3Â Tbsp.Â finely chopped fresh dill
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat Alfredo sauce in a large saucepan; keep warm over low heat.
- Cook pasta in salted, boiling water until done; drain. Reserve.
- Gently toss diced avocado with lemon juice; reserve.
- Gently toss cooked pasta, cooked salmon, steamed cauliflower florets, olives and reserved avocado and lemon juice mixture.
- Heat until warmed through. Add additional lemon juice if you prefer a tangier sauce.
- Garnish with dill and freshly ground pepper and serve immediately.
Of course me being italian I am always looking for an excuse to eat past and what better way to have it than with a yummy avocado and tasty salmon. Â Try this tonight and see what you are missing. When I cooked it I realized what I was LOL. Â Happy Cooking!
*This is not my recipe it is from Avocado.org all rights belong to them