A couple of weeks ago I talked to you about being prepared for the future. I shared my thoughts on why I think long-term care insurance is an important topic to discuss with both your parents and your children (when they reach an appropriate age of course). Today I am approaching another topic that is something I strongly feel we all need to have in place to secure the future of our spouse and children…life insurance.
I, of course, don’t like to think about leaving my children mother or fatherless. It brings me to tears to even think about losing my husband or something happening to me and not being able to see my children grow up. However, I do think being prepared is very important. I am lucky enough to be able to stay home, raise my kids and do some social media work. The work I do doesn’t bring in a lot of income so we rely solely on my husband’s pay. As he and I talked about this topic he brought up some great points on why life insurance is a necessity for us.
- If something happened to him, our sole bread winner, and me being the person staying at home raising our children, he made the point that I would need enough to cover his monthly income.
- If something happened to me, he would still have his pay but he would need extra, so he could have someone here for the kids after school, school breaks and to help do things while he was working.
- The prices of a funeral are not budget friendly. We don’t want the living spouse or children to have to worry about the finances for that. Finances for a funeral should have to be the last thing on a child or spouse’s mind when someone passes away.
This post is part of a sponsored conversation. Life Insurance information brought to you by Genworth. All opinions are 100% my own and honest. Please read more on my policies in my disclosure.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Make Me Hungry Monday: Valentine’s Day Recipes Link-Up - February 8, 2016
- Suffering In Silence: A Smile Doesn’t Mean Everything’s Okay - February 6, 2016
- Host The Perfect Party With Dunkin Donuts Vanilla Cupcake Coffee - February 5, 2016