It’s day 21 of the “30 Days About Me” series myself and other bloggers are doing and I am having a blast learning about everyone. Today’s is pretty easy for me. I have a lot of recipes I love and am going to start sharing more of them so feel free to check out my cooking tab in my nav bar. I am going to share one of my favorite dessert recipes.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (9 inch) ready made graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (1.4 ounce) chocolate covered toffee candy bars, coarsely chopped OR I use mini chocolate chips and chopped peanuts instead.
- Pour milk into 2 cup glass measuring cup; cover with aluminum foil
- Place measuring cup in a 3.5 quart electric slow cooker; carefully pour hot water in slow cooker to reach the level of milk in measuring cup (around outside). Cover and cook on LOW for 9 hours.
- Pour caramelized milk into crust; cool completely. Spread whipped topping over pie; sprinkle with chopped candy bars (I use mini chocolate chips and nuts instead). Cover and chill 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Yields: 1 (9 inch) pie
This pie is to die for, so rich. I got this recipe from one of those Quick & Easy cookbooks and this truly is both of those. I usually just put it on at night before I go to bed, then when I wake up pour the caramel into the pie crust and voila! SO GOOD, be warned it’s very rich so you will want coffee or something alongside it.
I also love to make salsa so you can check out my recipe for that too. Now if you are a blogger go ahead and link up your Day 21: Recipe you love post in the linky. I love new recipes, in fact I am trying my hand at beouf bourguignon today, wish me luck. What are some of your favorite recipes?