There are very few foods that make me as happy as chocolate, yes I am a chocolate kind of girl. Check out this delicious chocolate quick bread from Nestle and impress your guests with a tasty treat. Perfect for pairing with coffee.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt1
- /2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk *
- ½ cup chopped pecans, divided (optional)
- ¼ cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- COMBINE flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl. Beat butter and
- sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in ¼ cup pecans.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE for 20 minutes. Top with morsels and remaining pecans; continue baking for 30 to 35
- minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for
- minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Serve with Chocolate Honey Butter
FOR CHOCOLATE HONEY BUTTER: MICROWAVE 1/2 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted; let cool. Beat cooled morsels, 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter and 2 tablespoons honey in small mixer bowl until fluffy. Makes about 1 cup.
*NOTE: If you do not have buttermilk on hand, you can substitute sour milk made with NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Milk (Regular, Lowfat or Fat Free). Measure 1/2 cup NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Milk into glass measuring cup. Add 1/2 cup water and 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice; stir. Let stand for 5 minutes before using.
Be sure to check out the other tasty recipes Nestle has to offer in their Winter Favorites. The recipes will make the perfect addition to your New Years Eve get together menu
What is your favorite treat to enjoy with coffee?
**This Delicious Chocolate Quick Bread Recipe and accompanying photo brought to you by Lunchbox on behalf of Nestle**
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Milk Bone Brushing Chews Promote Healthy Teeth, Treat Your Pup Today! - January 23, 2015
- Blueberries Are Perfect For Healthier Eating in 2015 - January 21, 2015
- RapidLash Eye Enhancing Serum Review #RapidLash #IC #ad - January 21, 2015