Gru, the girls, and those minions we all love are back and ready to come to your home on Blu-ray™ and Blu-ray 3D™ Combo Packs, DVD and Digital HD including UltraViolet™ on December 10, 2013!
We went to theaters to see Despicable Me 2, before the movie was even over, I knew this is one we would own. I had no second thought of heading to stores on December 10 to purchase it. I was pleasantly surprised when it came much earlier in the mail, but my kids were even more excited. We’ve had the movie for a few weeks now and it’s been played at least once a day. Sometimes more than once if we have a lot of driving to do, the kids will watch it in the van.
Despicable Me 2 is a follow up to the 2010 worldwide blockbuster and features the voice talent of Steve Carell, who returns to play Gru, the newly reformed master criminal now trying to live life as a normal dad to his three adopted daughters. Along with Carell we have a voice cast of comedic powerhouses that includes Kristin Wiig, Benjamin Bratt, Miranda Cosgrove, Russell Brand, Steve Coogan, Ken Jeong, Elsie Fisher, Dana Gaier, and Moisés Arias.
Gru, his adorable girls, and the mischievous Minions are back with a cast of unforgettable new characters in the blockbuster sequel to the worldwide phenomenon. Just as Gru has given up being super-bad to be a super-dad, the Anti-Villain League recruits him to track down a new criminal mastermind and save the world. Partnered with secret agent Lucy Wilde, Gru, along with the wildly unpredictable Minions, must figure out how to keep his cover while also keeping up with his duties as a father. Assemble the Minions for laugh-out-loud comedy in “one of the funniest, most enjoyable movies
I laughed as much as my kids when I watched Despicable Me 2. It’s one of those movies the whole family can enjoy. Who doesn’t enjoy watching the cute little minions, I want one (or a few hundred) of my own minions! Speaking of the minions, did you happen to catch our favorite yellow cuties make their appearance in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade??
Bonus Features Exclusive to Blu-ray™ Combo Pack & Blu-ray 3D™ Combo Pack.
- Three All-New Mini-Movies Starring the Minions—Introduced by Gru (Puppy, Panic in the Mailroom, and Training Wheels)
- The Making of the Mini-Movies—A fun-filled take on the making of the mini-movies through the eyes of the artists who made them.
- Deleted Scene
- The Minions—A visit to Illumination Entertainment in Paris and Los Angeles to hear what it’s really like to work with the Minions.
- Evil Minions—Bigger, badder and more purple than ever, the newest and fiercest addition to the Minion species can chew through metal and swallow a car. Find out more about the process that led to their creation and design.
- A Gru-Some Transformation—A sit-down with Steve Carell as he discusses the transformation of Gru from the ultimate super-villain to super-dad and international spy.
- El Hombre Malo: The Villainy Of El Macho—Every great story needs a good villain, and Despicable Me 2 brings on the diabolico in the form of El Macho! Learn about the creation of this character and the actor who brought him to life—Benjamin Bratt.
Bonus Features on Blu-ray™ & DVD
- Gru’s Girls—Miranda Cosgrove, Elsie Kate Fisher and Dana Gaier weigh in on working with Steve Carell and playing the daughters of a world-famous super-villain!
- Gadgets Galore—Lipstick tasers, magnet ships, foam dart dispensers and jelly guns—these are the nifty gadgets of Despicable Me 2. Illumination Entertainment pulls back the curtain on what it takes to build a world that would leave even James Bond envious.
- Feature Commentary With Directors Chris Renaud & Pierre Coffin
Definitely one of our top picks for 2013! So be sure to pick up your copy of Despicable Me 2, when it hits shelves tomorrow, or pre-order on Amazon! Who is your favorite character??
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Get Organized With This Fun Desktop & Laptop Background - April 22, 2014
- U By Kotex Is Part of My Everyday Life #UbyKotex #PMedia #ad - April 22, 2014
- It’s Time To #FightToxins with Seventh Generation #MC (sponsored) - April 21, 2014