I LOVE to sit and enjoy a good soup, but I don’t always have time to make it. I’m sure many of you completely understand the dilemma! So many soups have to simmer all day, well this Easy Minestrone Soup is done in about 30 minutes from start to finish! That’s ideal for a busy weeknight. I have your attention now, don’t I?
When I say easy, I truly mean easy, I mean check out the ingredients you use for the Easy Minestrone Soup!
Only nine ingredients are needed for this super easy minestrone soup (you don’t see the frozen spinach because I forgot to get it out for the photo)! And because other than draining and sauteeing it’s pretty much just a “dump all the ingredients into the pot” kind of soup. Check out the steps to making the soup:
Sautee, pour, stir, boil, pour, simmer and eat! See, super Easy Minestrone Soup. Even better than a simple recipe is being able to save some money. Almost all the ingredients that I used were on sale at my local Publix thanks to their Viva Italia Days Sale. It will make you say “Mamma Mia” when you save on a meal your family will love!
- 4 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 cups (Publix brand) cup frozen seasoning chopped vegetable blend
- 1.5 cups crinkle cut carrots
- 5 cups water
- 2- 14.5 oz. cans Hunt's petite diced tomatoes
- 2- 15 oz. cans Northern Beans, drained
- 3 cups Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups frozen, chopped spinach
- 1 cup dry small shell pasta
- Sautee Carrots and Season Blend in oil for 4 minutes (or until tender)
- Pour in water, beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then add frozen spinach and pasta.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, until pasta is tender and spinach is done.
Switch out spinach for greens or kale if you prefer one of those.
Add any other kind of beans you like for some variation.
Doesn’t this just look like a great meal for a busy weeknight?
As I mentioned about, right now you can save on the ingredients for Easy Minestrone Soup. Head to your local Publix and search for savings on the in-store displays! You can also keep an eye out for those recipe cards to get even more ideas as well as up to $9.50 in coupon savings.
Current offers at your local Publix (from 2/8/16-3/2/16):
- $0.50 Off Any Six (6) Hunt’s Sauce or Paste (6 – 8 oz.)
- $1.00 Off Any Two (2) Progresso Stock Items (32 oz.)
- $1.00 Off Any Three (3) Pillsbury Refrigerated Breads (8 – 13.8 oz.)
- $1.00 Off Any Three (3) Green Giant Frozen Items (6 – 17.7 oz.)
- $1.00 Off Any Five (5) Hunt’s Tomatoes, all varieties, including sauce and organic (14.5 – 15 oz.)
- $1.00 Off Any Five (5) Hunt’s Tomatoes, all varieties including sauce and puree (28 – 29 oz.)
- $2.00 Off Produce with the purchase of Any Four (4) participating products. Participating products: Hunt’s Tomatoes 14.5 oz., Progresso Bread Crumbs 15 oz., Progresso Beans 19 oz.
- $2.00 Off Publix Fresh Chicken with the purchase of Any Four (4) participating products
Participating products: Progresso Bread Crumbs 15 oz., Progresso Broth 32 oz., Hunt’s Tomatoes 28 oz.
Be sure to see your local store for details as dates might vary in certain locations.
Because I (okay and Publix) want you to save money when you cook your easy minestrone soup (or any other Italian recipe), they are allowing me to host a $10 Paypal Cash giveaway. Just a little something to help you grab the ingredients you need for your next meal. Enter using the Gleam form below!
Have you ever made a recipe similar to this Easy Minestrone Soup? If not, what is your favorite Italian meal?
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- The Dark Prophecy (Trials of Apollo, Book 2) Prize Pack Giveaway - April 28, 2017
- 13 Reason Why is Opening Up Dialogue Between Parents and Teens - April 27, 2017
- Let Mom Escape with Cafe Breaks + Mother’s Day Sweepstakes - April 26, 2017