April 2011 my mom and I headed to downtown Pensacola for an adventure of searching high and low for a $10,000 diamond ring. This year the stakes are up by $1000 and we are doing it again and joining in the Elebash’s 2nd Annual Diamond Dash. We had such a fun (and tiring) time last year we knew we wanted to do it again the next time. Well, the next time has arrived. On April 14, 2012 Team “God’s Girls Always Win” (otherwise known as myself and my mom) are hitting the ground running. We are going to be trying, again, to win the diamond so many others will be vying for as well. So let’s get to the details in case you want to enter yourself…although I would be grateful for less competition so it’s really okay if you just aren’t free that Saturday.
- When: April 14th starting at 10:00am
- Start Location: Seville Quarter
- Cost: Um, there is no cost it’s FREE, music to my little ears!
- Registration: Head over here to register and then wait for the confirmation email stating your registration was received. If, like yours truly here, you are selected you’ll get another e-mail to confirm your team’s spot. Finally you’ll get a final email the week of the event with details.
- Partnering up: Participants are required to play in teams of two. Both participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- The Big Win: At the end of the two hour event, the team with the most points wins the grand prize – an $11,000 Simon G diamond ring!
- Getting from place to place: You can not use transportation of any kind (besides medically needed wheel chair). That means no cars, no bikes, it’s all on foot (hey it’s a great workout).
- Phone Usage: You will be getting your clues by text message but having a smart phones are a benefit because maps are amazing for this!. Make sure your phone will work by texting TEST to 728-647. You’ll receive a confirmation message that says “Great news!” If you didn’t be sure to check your spelling, the number, and delete all signatures. If you are still having problems check with your carry and finally send an email on over to the people behind this fun.
- Find out more nitty gritty details in the extra FAQ’s.
Here’s a little video to show you some past events that are SCVNGR based hunts to give you an idea of what will happen:
Finally check out the great partners that help to put on this fun event by heading here and I want to give a special shout out to the local partners:
- Elebash Jewelers
- Manna Food Pantries
- Seville Quarter
- Cat Country
- Atlas Oyster House
- Dog House Deli*SO GOOD, just sayin’*
- DeLuna Fest
- Cypress Lakes Golf Club
- Play Pensacola
- Style Downtown
- Two Times A Lady
- Sandy Sansing
- Belle Ame’
- The Tin Cow
- AnyDayDj *A friend of mine, go ahead and hire them for your music needs*
So if you are traveling through or live in the area hurry up and enter, you know you want to! I mean really who doesn’t want a chance to win an $11,000 diaomond ring!!
*I was not asked to post this by anyone or link to anyone I wanted to show love for local businesses and share this fun event. Now here’s to hoping my team wins!