The Seas With Nemo and Friends
I have always been a huge fan of most things in the sea, algae not so much but that’s another story for another day. Today, I want to tell you about the positively amazing adventure I had as part of the Monkey Kingdom event. As mentioned in a previous post, we spent the day at Epcot, however the Flower and Garden Festival wasn’t the only fun that day. Probably the highlight of the day for me, was the Nemo and Friends Living Sea adventure we had. I had been on the Nemo ride before, but we never really took time to explore. Hey, when you have kids it usually means going from ride to ride! Thankfully, on this trip, explore we did and HOLY DEEP WATERS does Disney offer some AMAZING things you will want to be crossing off your bucket list.
Once you get off the Nemo ride, enjoy the cool aquarium that you are right smack in the middle of. The aquarium is the second largest in the US, with 5.7 million gallons of water you could fit the Epcot ball inside and still drive a Disney bus around! Yes, it’s that big! What’s really neat is if you get there at certain times of the day, you will find aquaticists feeding the animals and doing the daily checks to make sure the animals are in tip top shape!
While at The Seas with Nemo and Friends, again at certain times, they have a dolphin sound show, where you will see the beautiful dolphins show off their voices. If you know me, you know my love for dolphins, so I had hoped to bring you lots of photo and video of the show…but then they asked me if I was dead set on taking photos or if I wanted to participate. DUH! I participated. Thankfully, my blog bestie Mellisa, took a video of the fun. You even see a bit of a cameo by yours truly! Check out these beautiful animals in all their glory!
As if exploring the seas and getting a dolphin show isn’t enough, you can go even deeper into the sea..literally. Epcot’s Living Seas offers fun ways to really immerse yourself into the experience, that I really want to go back and do myself! Here are the programs:
- Dolphins In Depth: Meet the dolphins of The Seas with Nemo & Friends Pavilion at Epcot and learn about their complex undersea behavior. You will interact with dolphins in waist-deep water for approximately 30 minutes. Go backstage, sit in on a training and research session, and participate in conversations about global issues affecting ocean life. Price is $199.00 per person!
- Epcot Seas Aqua Tour ~ A snorkeling experience like no other, for guests who aren’t SCUBA-certified. This is a 2.5 hour experience with approximately 30 minutes of snorkeling time in The Seas with Nemo and Friends pavilion. You stay on the surface but will see over 65 species of marine life below you! You will also tour the habitat, get a photo of yourself in your dive gear, and take home a special DiveQuest souvenir. Price is $140.00 per person.
- Epcot DiveQuest ~ Okay this is the big daddy of the tours..and one I want to do so bad! You will get to take a plunge in the Caribbean Coral Reef, Disney’s 5.7 million-gallon salt water tank. You’ll swim with over 6,000 sea creatures and see angelfish, dolphins, sea turtles, eagle rays, and sharks! The dive lasts 3 hours and you’ll spend about 40 minutes actually diving! If you have friends and family, the 56 windows make it possible for them to view your dive (with Epcot admission)! For this adventure, you do need to be SCUBA-certified! Price is $175.00 per person.
If, like me, you are a fan of sea creatures, then you simply MUST stop in The Seas with Nemo and Friends the next time you are at Epcot. Seeing the beauty of the animals and the fun you can have at Turtle Talk with Crush, you may spend a lot more time in the pavilion then you thought you would!
Because I had the chance to visit The Seas with Nemo and Friends, as part of the Monkey Kingdom event, I want to encourage you to head to theaters to see Monkey Kingdom. It’s playing nationwide, so it’s a great time to go see an awesome movie, see my review here! Get to know Maya and Kip in the trailer:
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Potty Training Must Haves + What Is The Right Time to Potty Train? - March 23, 2017
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen Wants Us All To Inspire Goodness + $50 Gift Card Giveaway - March 21, 2017
- Raceday Food Ideas To Enjoy During the IMSA Racing Event - March 14, 2017