Welcome to A Daily Dose of Toni Home Of The Original Friday Favorites Vlog Hop!
It’s February 15, 2013 and it’s time for the Friday Favorites vlog hop. I am so excited you all decided to join in, this is such a great way to jump into vlogging so you can get comfortable on camera! If you don’t have a blog you can still join in by recording a video to your personal YouTube and linking it up below!
This weeks topic is your favorite date. Today is my 10 year anniversary and so I wanted the Friday Favorites to be something love related. What better than sharing about your favorite date ever. I didn’t have a chance to record this week due to a family emergency so I am going to write about it (which you can join in that way too if you don’t want to or can’t vlog).
My favorite date has to be the night my then boyfriend took me to Outback. He picked me up from work and after a long day I have to admit I was a bit grumpy. It was cold and I didn’t have a jacket. Being the gentleman that he was he gave me the shell of his jacket. While I wasn’t sure why he didn’t give me the warmer part I took it and huffed along my way, it had been just a stressful day at work. He said he wanted to take me out to one of my favorite restaurants (which also happened to be one of the first we went together when we started dating). As we sat down making small talk, like always, the waitress brought our menus. At this point I was trying to figure out what I would like for dinner, I always like to find out he is having so I get something different, it’s romantic to share right? Well, and you get to taste two things instead of one.
When I asked him, he said “Oh I was thinking about getting this” and as I looked up to see what he was showing me, he lifted his menu and sititng on the table was the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. I was lost for words and my mouth dropped open as I looked up into his beautiful blue eyes. With a hint of a smile on is face he said “Toni, I love you and wanted to know if you would marry me”. It may not have been the most planned out romantic proposal in the world but it was perfect! He is a man of few words and those words, at that moment, meant the world. The waitress noticed and then everyone started coming over to see the ring (which he picked out with absolutely no input from me, as I had no idea he was proposing).
We had been dating about 3 months, though we had known each other for well over a year. He proposed in December and we married in February. The perfect date led to a wedding to the perfect man for me. God could not have brought me anyone more perfect. I am truly the most blessed woman in this world as I celebrate my 10th anniversary to the love of my life.
Oh, one more thing! Be sure to tweet this, so others can join in the fun too:
Join @ToniPatton for #fridayfavorites We’re talking about our favorite dates! Vlog it or write it! http://bit.ly/XS8JS6 #Love
A bit more information for those joining in:
- Link up the current weeks topic ONLY. Don’t do a general site/channel link please.
- Videos can be as long or as short as you would like.
- Be sure to mention your blog url in your video. That way if someone sees it on youtube they know where to find you.
- I would really love if you would link to me (A Daily Dose of Toni) in your post each week.
- This is a GREAT way to get into vlogging if you are a bit scared of it. Before you know it, you will be gabbing away all the time.
- If you really, really don’t want to do a video you can leave your answers in the comments or write up a post and link it up like you would your post with vlog. But I am here to tell you by the end of 2013 YOU ALL WILL be vlogging LOL.
- THIS IS NOT A GIVEAWAY LINKY, LINKS TO GIVEAWAYS WILL BE DELETED!!!
NOTE: If you link up, make sure you comment on fellow participants. It’s quite polite to do so.
Don’t forget I also do Talking With Toni and you can have some fun joining in that as well. It’s not an official vlog hop but I usually do ask questions in it and would love to have some video responses! Now get ready for next weeks Friday Favorites! Next weeks topic is your favorite quotes. So get ready to share that….vlog style!
What is the best date you’ve ever been on?
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salsa Recipe - June 21, 2016
- Otterbox Universe Case System at Best Buy! One Case. Endless Possibilities - June 18, 2016
- Finding Dory Inspired Summer Treats + A Prize Pack Giveaway - June 17, 2016