As part of our anniversary getaway, my husband and I, each received a complimentary day of adventure, thanks to Florida EcoSafaris at Forever Florida. Having been ziplining before I was excited at a day of adventure on the zipline course, what I didn’t realize was just what adventure awaited us. Wait, am I going to have to up there!!
After my initial shock of just how high we were going to be a mixture of nervousness set it. We had quite the full day ahead. Because we were doing the EcoPark we had thrills galore for the whole entire day. With the EcoPark Admission you get to do the following activities, more of my thoughts will be below:
- The Rattlesnake: You will take a journey along a 1000ft zip. A regular zip it is not! You will launch from a 65 foot high platform and hit speeds up to 20 mph through the trees on the first ever zip roller coaster.
- Zipline Safari: Look at the views and see 10 miles in all directions of the 4700 Forever Florida Wildlife Conservation Area. This activity will take approximately 2.5 hours as you go over 3 skybridges and 7 different ziplines.
- Cypress Canopy Cycle: Experience a first in the USA. The Cypress Canopy Cycle will give you a different view of the wetlands. Enjoy a 45 minute journey as you pedal through the beautiful area and really get to see nature up close. Be sure to keep a watch out for Mr. Gator as you cross over his pond.
- Peregrine Plunge: Who will win the race. The Peregrine Plunge is the longest single straightaway zipline in Florida. From a height of 71 feet, you’ll soar at 30 miles per hour down 1300 feet of extreme zipline!
- Panther Pounce: You will step off a 68’ platform into a thrilling but safely controlled freefall to the ground below. It’s an extreme adventure and the first of it’s kind in Florida
- Swooping Crane: You are hoisted to a height of 55’. When you are ready your guide will pull the rip cord and you will free fall down and back up, ending in a soaring and swooping combination as you take in the beauty around you.
Check out a bit of each adventure in this video I made:
The day was long during our adventure but it was a day I will never forget. Every part of it was amazing. Zipping through the trees, racing down the rattlesnake, soaring through the sky, stepping off a ledge, and cycling through the trees. My favorite parts were definitely the rattlesnake coaster and the swooping crane. They were probably the most thrilling (well aside from the Pounce, and that was just so scary to step off a ledge, fun but scary). The initial fall on the swooping crane took my breath away but it was so much fun and I even bucked up the courage to hang upside down. The rattlesnake was like nothing I have ever been on before, who knew a zipline roller coaster could be so much fun.
My husband and I raced against one another on the Peregrine Plunge and he won. It was such a long zip it really gave you time to take in the beauty of the preserve. Unfortunately my balance decided to leave me and after the poor guide drug me back to the platform, I got up and fell right back off, so he had to drag me back onto it again…thank goodness for patient (and pretty dang awesome) guides.
The Panther Pounce scared me to death…this was by far the hardest mentally to do. It’s all fun and games until you are on the edge of that platform looking down. It took every bit of my courage to step down, but I did! The zipline course was a blast, the longest part of the adventure it took us through the trees and over skybridges. Last was the canopy cycle, which is a trip through the forest on a cycle suspended in air. It’s a 45 minutes trek and it is tiring, I totally admit that I may not be in the best shape so that could have played a part in the tiredness. Tired or not it was a stunning trek.
For the EcoPark Admission, here is what you need to know
- Your One Day Pass Includes: Zipline Safari, Cypress Canopy Cycle and 4 brand new adventures: The Rattlesnake Zipline Roller Coaster, Peregrine Plunge, Swooping Crane and the Panther Pounce Challenge Tower. EcoPark adventures run from 9am to 5pm daily.
- Price: $135 for adults and children ages 10 and up. All participants must meet the weight requirements of 70 lbs minimum and 265 lbs maximum to experience all 6 adventures. Children ages 10-17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Hours: Daily (weather permitting) 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Advance reservations are recommended.
- Location: 4755 N. Kenansville Road, St. Cloud, Florida 34773
- Contact: 407-957-9794 or [email protected]
If you ever have a chance to take a day while you are in the Kissimmee/Orlando area and go to Florida EcoSafaris I highly suggest it. It’s getting to see nature in a whole new way. They also offer other adventures such as a horseback safari and a coach safari. I am hoping to go back and do those as well one day.
**I was provided complimentary admission as a VIP Journalist. Opinions and experiences are my own**