We are a tech family, so getting approached to test out the Google Nexus 7 was definitely exciting. Having the latest Android version Jelly Bean, I knew I was getting the most current version. Which, in turn, meant, I could jump right in
Setup was so easy that even my kids could do it. I was able to set up in about 5 minutes and entered my google account info, so the tablet was immediately tailored to me
The Google Nexus 7 is helping me keep organized. As noted, I synced it with my google account so my calendar, email, drive, basically everything google will update everywhere. For instance, when I put something in my calendar on the Nexus, the next time I hop online it’s already updated there.
I can check email on the go, log into my social accounts, which are both very important to me, as a blogger. If I don’t stay connected, while on the go, things can get pretty backed up and that makes me stress. So, the Google Nexus 7 is helping me to keep up, while on the go, and helping me remain less stressed.
There are a lot of apps to be had and the Google Play store is just the place to find them. Games, social apps, finance apps, apps to help you be more organized, health, business, the list just goes on and on. Chances are you will find the app (or something similar) you are looking for.
I noticed, right off, how clear the screen was. While it is a little smaller than my current tablet, the clarity was much better. I was impressed. I will definitely need to invest in screen protectors because it does get smudgy. It has both a front facing and rear camera so you can snap shots on the go. I haven’t tested this out yet, but I love that I can do selfies or take photos of others.
The speed has been amazing and puts my other tablet to shame. My kids have quickly taken to playing games on it because of the clarity of the screen. While it is a smaller tablet, it’s not so small that you can’t enjoy things like reading and watching movies. The screen is still big enough that you can enjoy all those things without straining your eyes.
More about the Google Nexus 7:
It is made from durable and scratch-resistant glass, the IPS panel has viewable angles up to 178 degrees at a 1920×1200 resolution. The front facing 1.2MP camera shoots great looking photos and videos that can be easily shared with an 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi connection.
- 7” display brings your entertainment to life in stunning clarity on a vibrant 1920×1200 IPS LCD high-resolution display with 10-finger capacitive touch screen with Anti-fingerprint technology
- Up to 10 hours of battery life for web browsing, video playback or reading with the 4.2V1 Li-Pllyner battery
- Packed with 16GB and designed with gaming in mind
- Powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro 8064 1.5GHz processor
- Android 4.4
- 1.2MP front facing camera and 5MP rear camera shoots great looking photos and videos
- Built in 802.11 a/b/g/n and Bluetooth v4.0
- Pre-loaded with Google Search by Voice 2.1, Gmail, Contact Sync, Calendar Sync, Talk, Maps, Street View, News & Weather, YouTube, Movie Studio, Android Market
- Built-in microphone
- Includes 1 SlimPort and 1 headphone jack (No Mic-in)
- Build-in-stereo speakers (high quality speaker x2)
- Accessories included: adapter & power plug, user manual and warranty card
- 1 year MFR limited parts and labor warranty
I fully admit, this has taken over the role of my favorite tablet, for the time being. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, you could give this to the tech lover in your life. You can pick up the Google Nexus 7 at Staples. The 16GB runs $229 and the 32GB is $269 at the time of this post. So tell me, do you own a tablet?
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- THE BEST EVER Netflix News!!!! - November 30, 2016
- Where Did The Passion Go? - November 29, 2016
- Hallmark Channel’s “My Christmas Dream” #CountdowntoChristmas this Saturday, Nov 19th at 8pm/7c! - November 16, 2016