- Two sticks of softened butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- ¼ cup lemon juice (In this case less ISN’T more)
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 3 cups of flour
- Powdered sugar
- Almonds (chopped and toasted)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 F. Then in a large bowl blend your sugar and butter together until light and combined.
- Then add the rest of your ingredients except for the flour and mix well. When everything is light and fluffy slowly add your flour mixing until the dough is no longer crumbly.
- Form your dough into little balls and roll in the powdered sugar. Place on a cookie sheet and press down with a fork lightly. You can then sprinkle chopped almonds on top if desired. Bake the cookies for ten minutes or until a light golden color.
RJ is a homeschooled teenager who is a passionate writer, amateur photographer, dreamer, and lover of rain who lives in the country. If you can’t find her at the barn with her horse you can find her hanging with her loved ones and friends. You can check out her blog at- www.virtuousgirlhood.com
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Worthy of A Crown, Get This Cinderella Inspired Look + The Disney Trailer #CinderellaEvent - January 30, 2015
- 19 Movies To Stream On Netflix For Animal and Comedy Lovers - January 30, 2015
- Refresh Your Prayer Life With Max Lucado’s Before Amen - January 28, 2015