What’s Halloween without costumes right!!! Â I mean it’s the one time of the year I can dress up as anything or anyone I want and not feel like a dummy or get the stares of what the heck is she doing. Â This year I will be donning everything 80′s. Â Now this I would love to be able to do everyday but society hasn’t caught up with my coolness yet so halloween it must be. Â For my 80′s costume it’s simple to make:
- Grab the leggings I already own and insert one foot after another pull up and position as needed
- Put on the neon purple foo foo skirt that is sure to blind anyone who passes.
- Grab an old shirt and cut out the neck and make the bottom fringy
- Grab your converse and you are ready to go…oh waitÂ mustn’tÂ forget the side ponytail.
That’s my costume and if you want to see a similar version of it (minus the skirt and ponytail, my hair was short) check out my performance of I Love Rock N Roll. Â Yep I rock some 80′s look and I am proud of it.
Okay so maybe that’s not your halloween style and I am sure your kids look at you clueless if you mention dressing up like the 80′s. Â So for that reason here are a few other make yourself costume ideas. Â A No Sew Dracula that is sure not to be to draining and a No Sew Princess that will have royalty calling. Â Simple, fun for kids to help and adorable costumes. Â Making your own is definitely a little more budget friendly than the moolah spent in the Halloween stores.
Leave a comment below telling me what some of your favorite homemade costume ideas are OR if you have made some what are your favorite costumes youâ€™ve made for your kids over the years?
Extra (optional) Entries:
1 Entry Each :
- Subscribe to my blog through the orange feedburner icon (in sidebar)
- Subscribe to my blog through email (in sidebar)
- Follow me through Google Friend Connect (in sidebar)
- FollowÂ @ToniPatton on twitter (leave Â your twitter name)
- Like A Daily Dose on Facebook
- Follow A Daily Dose on Facebook Networked Blogs.
- Blog about my weeklong Halloween party over at your place (this is good for each giveaway I am having this week)
- Tweet the following tweet up to twice daily (leave tweet url in your comment): Â Get your party on this week with @ToniPatton. Â Todayâ€™s Giveaway is for Candy Lovers! http://bit.ly/dlJap4
I am not the only one hosting the great giveaways this week. Â You know what that means right, more chances to win the same prize pack at other places. Â Check outÂ Momma Findings,Â Mom Spark,Â The Not So Blog andÂ This Full House for more chances to win in their giveaways.
Giveaway will close on Wednesday October 27, 2010 at 8:30 p.m. CST.
Details to pay attention to when entering contests at A Daily Dose:
- Required entry MUST be done to qualify, not following this entry will result in all entries being deleted.
- Optional entries can only be done IF the required entry has been met. Â However they are completely optional and do not have to be done.
- Be sure to leave a SEPARATE comment for each entry so you donâ€™t short yourself
- Winner will be picked at random by Random.Org
- Winner will be emailed using the email they supplied to enter and will have 48 hours to respond or prize will be redrawn.
For more on my review, giveaway, winner, and disclosure policies please see myÂ disclosure.
Disclosure: This halloween party is made possible by Nestle Family and/or the PR firm representing them. Â All giveaway items are courtesy of above mentioned. Â I will be monetarily compensated for my participation Â and time in hosting the weeklong party, however views and opinions are as always my own.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Veggie Tales: Celery Night Fever, First Look! - July 23, 2014
- Big Kahuna’s Water Park Review *2 Ticket FLASH Giveaway* - July 18, 2014
- Disney’s Planes: Fire and Rescue In Theaters TODAY! #FireandRescueEvent - July 18, 2014