I love to try new recipes, so for Easter morning, I decided to try out a new breakfast. These Hashbrown, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Cups are a delicious way to change up your breakfast routine. It’s a super easy recipe with only six ingredients (or a few more if you customize it with meats and veggies) that kids and adults will like. I mean, who doesn’t like hashbrowns, eggs, and cheese!
For this Hashbrown, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Cups recipe, it calls for six ingredients.
- 12 Egglands Best eggs
- 1 TBSP. Olive oil
- 1.5 TBSP. salt and pepper
- One bag (20 oz.) shredded hashbrowns. We used the entire bag this time, but will adjust this next time to make it a little less for crispier and thinner breakfast cups)
- 1.5 cups Colby-jack shredded cheese!
To start you mix the hash browns, cheese, salt, pepper, and oil in a bowl. Once mixed, you press the mixture into an ungreased 12 muffin pan.
You press mixture into each muffin cup to make a bowl with the hash browns, then cook at 400 for 25-28 minutes. Here is how ours looked when they are browned (you can cook longer than the suggested time if you want it a bit on the crispier side, which I will do next time):
Now you will want to add an egg to each hash brown breakfast cup. Then you will want to top with cheese and return to oven for 12-15 minutes, depending on if you want runny or completely done eggs.
We went with 12 minutes, to start, but they were still jiggly so I put them in for about 3 minutes more, and it cooked them through to where the yolk was a boiled egg consistency. They came out looking like cheesy, deliciousness!
I topped them with more cheese and turkey bacon crumbles. My husband loved them and I enjoyed it, but I am more of a runny egg girl. So, next time, I will take mine out at the 12 minute cooking time! What will be great is to add some extras like bell peppers, mushrooms, sausage to the inside next time! But, if you have picky eaters these simple hash brown, egg, and cheese breakfast cups are perfect for a twist on breakfast.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Potty Training Must Haves + What Is The Right Time to Potty Train? - March 23, 2017
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen Wants Us All To Inspire Goodness + $50 Gift Card Giveaway - March 21, 2017
- Raceday Food Ideas To Enjoy During the IMSA Racing Event - March 14, 2017