As you can see the HTC Windows 8x has some eye catching features, but today we are talking about the features it catches…yours (or others). We are talking all about the camera on this phone. I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of photos from both the front and back cameras on this phone. They are very clear most of the time. Check out some I took…all but the one of me are taken with the backside camera and the one of me is taken with the front camera.
The clarity outdoors is just amazing. Even the indoor photos are clear but with the right lighting you have a great shot. I love how, in the flower photo, it blurred the background.
A few specs on the camera:
- 8MP Auto Focus Rear–Facing camera >with Single–LED Flash
- f/2.0 aperture lens, backside sensor illumination for low light performance
- The exclusive HTC ImageChip which allows continuous shooting for up to 20 images
- 2.1 MP 88° ultra–wide–angle front–facing with improved low light performance
- Formats: bmp, .jpg, .png, .gif
- Photo Sharing: Facebook, Twitter, SkyDrive, and more
I love that they are saved in Skydrive and I can go download them right when I want to my iMac. Makes the frustration of having a Windows phone with a Mac computer a little more bearable. I really like that, to take the photo, you simply touch the screen anywhere and it snaps the photo. Also, when you are doing self portraits with the front facing camera it counts down so you aren’t caught off guard (the dreaded blinking is less likely). One more thing, you can get more people in the shot, including you, with the new ultra-wide-angle front and back cameras. 8X takes sharp, crisp photos—even low-light conditions.
One of the big things for me in a phone is having a good camera. I document so much of my life with my phone, it’s a must to have a good camera on it. Luckily that is one thing the HTC Windows Phone 8x has! I can’t wait to snap some more photos during my upcoming trip and see how they compare to my iPhone photos. Until next time y’all!!
Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Ambassador program ( #VZWA )and have been provided with a wireless device and 3 months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product. For more information head to http://tiny.cc/VZWA as well as my personal disclosure under my PR Friendly tab.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- What’s In Your Sports Bag? Our Spring Sport Must Haves! - February 12, 2016
- 2 Valentine’s Day Looks To Fit Your Date Night Style - February 11, 2016
- Galentine’s Day Party Planning Tips - February 10, 2016