That’s my pretty in pink live tiles on my HTC Windows Phone 8x . If you note in the top right area there is a little shopping bag icon. That is where the magic happens, in other words where I can download the apps I want/need to add to my Windows Phone. Today I wanted, very simply, to share with you some of the favorites I’ve had on this phone.
Here are my favorite apps (in order left to right):
- Bible~I love to have a Bible with me on the go and sometimes my Bible can get a little heavy in my bag, this app is great to have for daily use. Get any book, chapter, and verse in an instant and with so many translations it’s pretty easy to get your preferred translation (NIV, KJV, The Message, etc)
- Facebook~I’m addicted, that.is.all!
- Twitter~ Gotta be able to tweet on the go and this app lets me do just that.
- SoundHound~ Do you ever hear a song on the go and can’t think of the title? SoundHound helps alleviate that problem, by listening and giving you the name of the song as well as ability to share what you are listening to on your social media channels.
- Netflix~ I love to watch movies on the go and with Netflix I can do just that.
- Flixster~ Keeping up with current and upcoming theater and DVD releases is a snap with this app
- YouTube~ I can watch the videos of those I am subscribed to on the go.
- The Weather Channel~ Rain or shine? I will know thanks to The Weather Channel app
- Skydrive~ This is perfect for me as a Mac user. I put this on my phone and then download to my computer and all my media is instantly at my disposal.
- Amazon~ Shopping on the go is a snap with the Amazon app.
- Gas Buddy~ When I am traveling I want to get the best gas prices around, the Gas Buddy app shows me what the cost is of gas no matter where I am at. Basing it on your location you are going to get the best deal.
- Paypal~ As someone who does all my business transactions through my paypal, I love having this on hand.
- My Fitness Pal~ 2013 is the year I want to get healthier, with MFP not only can I track what I eat and what activities I do, but I can also sync it with my Fitbit so it adds my steps in automatically.
- Ducks Hunt~ Very similar to the Nintendo game I loved playing when I was growing up, this game has been a blast for both my kids and I.
- Hangman~ Will you win? Guess the word right to keep your man safe.
- AE 3D Motorcross~ Per my boys request. This is really a fun game. Using tilt control you drive your way through fun scenes but make sure to avoid the traffic and road blocks!!
It’s a known fact that the Windows App store does not have the apps that the Apple and Google store have but it is continuing to get more every day. While some key apps are missing (Instagram) there are some popular ones (Facebook, Twitter, Netflix) you can get. I’m still adjusting to the Windows system but with apps I love that is making it a bit more easy to transition. What are some of your favorite Windows Phone apps?
Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Ambassador program ( #VZWA )and have been provided with a wireless device and 3 months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product. For more information head to http://tiny.cc/VZWA as well as my personal disclosure under my PR Friendly tab.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Wordless Wednesday: Beach Life - August 24, 2016
- Celebrate National Rum Day (or any Occasion) at Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen + GIVEAWAY - August 21, 2016
- Words Do More Than Just Hurt, They Can Kill - August 16, 2016