I may not be able to apparate from here to there, but I guarantee you, I will end up in Diagon Alley…soon! If you know me, you know I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I love the movies, I love the books, I love Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando, and I want to go to be able to have my pots and pans clean themselves. While, the last thing is a bit of a stretch the rest are definitely a big part of my life. So, you can imaging the THRILL I felt when I heard that Universal Orlando, was expanding on the hugely successful Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and opening Diagon Alley this summer.
Of course, that means, my family of Potterheads will have to venture down and experience immersing ourselves into more of Harry Potter’s world. In the expansion there are lots of amazing things happening. First, because you have to have transportation….
Guests will be able to board the Hogwarts Express and travel to King’s Cross Station aboard the Hogwarts Express. Guests will pass through London and the iconic brick wall archway from the films into Diagon Alley – a bustling, wizarding hub within a Muggle. Can you imagine traveling from Hogsmeade to King’s Cross Station!!! I always wanted to ride aboard the train, and soon I’ll be doing just that.
Remember, in the books, when Harry enjoyed ice cream at Florean Fortescue’s Ice-Cream Parlour? Now we can too. We can head there for frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as strawberry-and-peanut-butter ice-cream and many others. I imagine, there will be some fun flavors to choose from, I might try every.single.one!
I (and you, if you go) will experience the Gringotts escape just like Harry, Hermoine, and Ron in Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows. This new groundbreaking, multi-dimensional ride, will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of Gringotts vaults. If you love Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey ride, chances are this is right up your alley!
Because every witch and wizard need a wand, there will be a newly expanded Olivander’s. My kids loved this at the current park, watching the wand choose my son was magical and I am looking forward to visiting the new Olivander’s shop!
Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, a vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toys inspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone. I am a big kid, I fully embrace that, this part of the new expansion, may possibly be something I am looking forward to journeying into. Not to mention the fun stuff I can use to impress my kids with the “magic” I have.
No matter if you are a new, or established witch/wizard, you need supplies. Thankfully, Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, is just the answer. Guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses and hourglasses to make sure they are fully prepared for whatever the wizarding life brings their way.
There is so much more happening with the Diagon Alley expansion, and I CAN NOT WAIT to visit when it opens. Here are a few other things you can look forward to with the expansion!
- Discover the darker side of magic in Knockturn Alley, the darkest of dark places that features Borgin and Burkes – a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items
- Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves and jumpers, to authentic wizard’s robes and character costumes
- Magical Menagerie, which features a collection of plush animals, such as owls and Hippogriffs
- Quality Quidditch Supplies, offering a wide assortment of apparel and equipment including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles and more
- Scribbulus, featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards
- Enjoy traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash and more at the Leaky Cauldron.
I don’t know about you, but this Harry Potter fan, is definitely excited about this expansion. Universal Orlando and Warner Brothers are definitely outdoing themselves this time. Did I mention I AM SO EXCITED!!!
What would be the place you would want to visit first, on your adventure to Diagon Alley?
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- On The Go With The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Sprint - November 24, 2015
- Easy Ways To Spread The Care This Christmas Season - November 23, 2015
- Mockingjay Part 2, A Family Movie Review - November 23, 2015