Every year so many people make resolutions. Even I was one of those people, until I realized what a dirty, nasty word resolution is. Resolution according to one of the meanings on Dictionary.Com is “a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.” Essentially saying you are going to do something for the whole year. More often than not I, personally, would tend to carry out a resolution for a very short time and then feel like I failed. That’s when I decided I didn’t like that word, instead I prefer possible or a goal. I am not committing to working to keep a resolution I made but rather working TOWARD a goal or something I know is possible.
So in 2012, I am going BIG & BOLD. That’s the phrase I want my life to encompass and to do that I don’t need easy…I just need possible and a goal to work toward. I want to push myself without the resolution factor hanging over my head. So I am going to share the goals and possible things I have in my head to work toward in 2012!
- Deepen my relationshop with God!!!!
- A date night AT LEAST once a month with my husband.
- One on one time with each child AT LEAST once a month.
- Steady income on my blog.
- More blog trips, tasks, contacts.
- Pay off debts.
- Fix my teeth.
- Purge my house of the crap I don’t need but is still here for some reason.
- Reinvest in the friendships I treasure.
- Move on and being okay with it from the friendships that are one sided or hurtful
- Make new friends. I really need some in real life friends who will be there, who will call me to see if I want to hang out even if the answer may be no. Sometimes you just want to know someone wants to hang out with you and I get very few of those offers, I’m starting to get a comples LOL..hence the making new friends goal.
- Make some couple friends, I would really like to have friends that are couples so my husband and I can go out with another couple occasionally and just have couple friends to do stuff with.
- Get healthier through eating habits and exercise. This Kinect is going to come in handy here.
- Remember to remind my kids of their worth every single day.
- Enjoy life and quit letting the little things stress me out.
- Remember to have “me” time.
- Take our family to Disney and of course The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
I have so many more things I know are possible this year and I fully intend on accomplishing but I figure this post need not go on quite so long. I just wanted to share some of the things I know are possible this year for my life.
What about you? What are some of your “possibles” for 2012?
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Kids Shows On Netflix For Those “I’m Bored” Summer Days - June 29, 2015
- Our Favorite Summer Movies (so far) + Fandango Gift Card Giveaway - June 29, 2015
- Boat Trip Essentials, For Your Day On The Water! - June 29, 2015