Most people think of princess’ as ladies who need to be rescued by a prince or some other person. A damsel in distress if you will. That all changed for me when I “met” the princess in Brave….Merida:
As one of the newest princesses to hit the scene, she is not your average dressed up and dainty princess. Merida is one to be reckoned with. She has definitely become my favorite princess thus far.
Merida is living the life of a princess who is bound by rules she doesn’t like. she and her mother are very much alike and neither will listen to each other at first. Merida decides to take matters into her own hands and have the future she wants but at what price.
The path she takes ends up hurting the ones she loves and almost changing the lives of them all. As the movie goes on Merida realizes the mistake she made by trying to changer her future rather than discuss other options with her parents.
Then the best part comes..or the best part to me anyway, Merida rights the wrong herself. She doesn’t need to be rescued by a prince, she isn’t your typical damsel in distress. She saves herself and those around her. Yes, it required her to make mistakes but she learned from her mistakes and that is what makes her so inspirational to me and a princess I love that my daughter looks up to. She is the hero of the story.
Do you have a favorite princess?
Make your kids feel like royalty! Rent Kiara or another Family Fun title from Redbox between 7/9 and 7/28 for a chance to win a Princess Cruise for your family. Official Sweepstakes Rules
3 Easy ways to enter!
1. Rent a participating movie or game at a Redbox kiosk before 8/27 and enter your email at checkout.Click here for a complete list of participating titles
2. Reserve a Summer Family Fun movie or game online before 8/27
3. Go here to find out how to enter without renting
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Redbox. The opinions and text are all mine.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- The Perfect Kitchen Solution Holiday Gift Guide - December 6, 2016
- Easy Christmas Party Appetizer: Antipasto Bruschetta - December 5, 2016
- THE BEST EVER Netflix News!!!! - November 30, 2016