I LOVE SALSA. I mean I could eat it for days on end and never get tired of it. In fact I have shared my “kick butt” salsa recipe before. The problem is when I make it, even when I half it makes A LOT. Which meant it it over a few days or it goes bad. Salsa going bad is a travesty. I mean look at this yumminess:
We absolutely can’t waste something that yummy looking, right??!! It’s easy to get burnt out on even the best salsa when you eat it for days on end, but eat it we had to as not to waste.
A few weeks ago I was reached out to, asking if I would like to try out some canning supplies. My mind immediately jumped to my salsa and it was a “Yes, please” moment. Once the supplies arrived I made my salsa, much to the happiness of my and my families taste buds. I took a portion of it and got all my supplies ready to can, here are the steps I used.
- Heat salsa and add (while hot) to each jar, making sure to wipe away any that was on, not in, the jar.
- Put on the lids and added to canning pot, which had the rack in the bottom so the jars would be evenly heated.
- Add more water, until it was covering the jars by about 2 inches.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Boil about 15 minutes.
- Remove jars and let them cool on a rack.
- Voila I now have salsa saved for down the road. I can freeze for way down the road or refrigerate for sooner usage. The jars are perfect travel size as well.
I am looking forward to having more adventures in canning. Canned fruits, canned veggies, canned jams, I have a list that’s going to keep me busy. For tips and tricks on canning check out Sure-Jell. Hold on, I don’t have to be the only busy canner, you can join in the canning adventure….
One (1) winner will receive a Canning Kit that includes a Bormioli Rocco Quattro Stagioni 8-1/2-Ounce 4-Piece Canning Jar Set, Granite-Ware 9PC 21.5 Quart Canner Kit, and Canning Tips and Tricks from SURE-JELL and Kraft Foods! Value of this giveaway is $70.
Share with me in the comment section what you will be canning if you win!
Optional Extra Entries, after required entry is done:
Subscribe to A Daily Dose by reader. (let me know which reader)
Subscribe to A Daily Dose by email (please leave email subscribed with)
“Like” A Daily Dose of Toni on Facebook.
Follow @ToniPatton on Twitter
Join the Daily Dose Community.
Once Daily Entry:
Tweet about the giveaway “Enter to win a Canning Kit valued at $70 from @ToniPatton http://juststopscreaming.com/?p=10531 #giveaway” Leave the URL to the Tweet in your comment. You must have at least 50 followers for this extra entry.
*Giveaway ends on July 11 at Noon CST. Make sure you leave a separate comment for EACH entry! ALL entries will be verified! Winner will be chosen via Random.Org. When entering giveaways you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as listed in the Giveaway Rules.
**No compensation other than product provided for review has been received. Views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely that of the blog owners. Kraft Foods is providing the prizes for this program at no cost to me. For more on my policies please see my disclosure under the PR Friendly tab.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Wordless Wednesday: Beach Life - August 24, 2016
- Celebrate National Rum Day (or any Occasion) at Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen + GIVEAWAY - August 21, 2016
- Words Do More Than Just Hurt, They Can Kill - August 16, 2016