One of the things I have been thinking a lot about lately is going back to school. When I graduated high school I had every intention of working for 2 years (I was 17 when I graduated), saving some money, and then going to college. Life had a bit of a different plan for me and I was pregnant with my oldest son when I was 19. That put a bit of a halt on my college idea, but I wouldn’t have it any other way!
As I got older, I got married and had my two other kidlets and until recently college has been on the back burner of my frazzled mind. In the last year, however, I have really been considering and talking to my husband about going back to school. Unfortunately with my husband in school, our districts split school schedule (7:15-1:15 and 9:15-3:15) it’s almost been impossible for me to make that happen.
Recently, I learned about Ivy Bridge College, where I could take online course as I take steps toward getting my marketing and journalism degree. I feel really strongly that I need a degree in both those areas because they are the areas I have my business in. Ivy Bridge College really seems to be the perfect solution for me as a busy mom, who still wants to be able to get the degree she just hasn’t had a chance to get yet.
I love that Ivy Bridge College (IBC) is committed to Moms. With 50% of their students being mothers I’d say they are right up my alley. Check out a few other reasons I think Ivy Bridge College would be a great fit:
- IBC offers flexibility and convenience with the ability for Moms to earn their degree while they continue to work or while they stay at home to raise their children.
- IBC offers support services including a free online private community dedicated to students who are Moms where they can connect with and support other student Moms.
Other great support services include:
- Dedicated weekly success coaching which includes career planning,resumé writing and interviewing skills
- Free tutoring
- Personalized academic advising and guided pathways to earning an accredited college degree
- Ability to earn a college degree in as little as 17 months!
IBC is designed for students to earn their associate’s degree and then seamlessly transfer to over 150 “name brand” partner schools. Sometimes it’s hard to transfer schools when you want to pursue a 4-year degree. Credits can get wasted, and all that time and money spent is essentially down the drain. IBC helps this not be a problem by establishing clear agreements with their partner schools. Check out all of the partner schools here.
IBC also costs less than 1/3 of what it costs to attend other private schools according to the College Board. One last benefit, among the many of having a degree, is that people who hold an associates degree on average earn 20% more and those with a bachelor’s earn 65% more than those with just a high school diploma! Those are definitely reasons I am hoping to get back to school sometime in the next year.
Bettering my life only betters my families life and that is all the reason in the world I need!
One reader will win a $1000 tuition discount on classes at Ivy Bridge College. Please read below before entering to make sure you qualify
To be eligible for the $1,000 discount off tuition at Ivy Bridge College (IBC), the qualifying individuals will need to be degree seeking, enrolled in IBC a minimum of part-time, and new to IBC (specifically, not someone who has already applied to, enrolled in, or requested information from IBC). Classes at Ivy Bridge College Extension are not eligible for the discount. Limit one per person.
Enter using the rafflecopter form below. Giveaway closes on 1/24 and winner will need to respond by 1/25
**I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Ivy Bridge College. I received a promotional item as a thank-you for participating and a discount on classes at Ivy Bridge College.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Go Math! Academy Helps Us Conquer Math In A Fun Way! #HMHAcademy #ad - September 15, 2014
- Give The Gift Of LaLaLoopsy Girls & Baking Oven #TeamLalaLoopsy - September 11, 2014
- Walmart and Coca-Cola’s Effortless Meals Are Perfect For Busy Nights - September 11, 2014