This is a sponsored campaign. All opinions are my own.
Have you ever wondered how you can give back even when you are on the go? Johnson & Johnson’s Donate A Photo app is a quick and easy way for you to help with all kinds of amazing causes. I love to do selfies…just check out my instagram feed and you will usually find one selfie (or more but who’s counting) in my stream. Until now selfies were just fun photos of me (or my family). With Donate A Photo my (and your) selfies have a great reason to be taken more often.
The Selfless Selfie campaign was made to encourage users to donate selfies via the Donate A Photo app. For each photo shared through Donate A Photo, Johnson & Johnson will donate one dollar to one of it’s non-profit partners, which you can choose through the list. You take the photo, you pick the cause, you are helping to give back.
Some of the causes they have are:
- PFLAG: Helps to protect children from bullying through materials and sessions that will reach students, teachers, and school leaders with messages about cultivating respect and keeping schools safe for everyone.
- Girl Up: Photos donated to this cause helps a girl in Liberia go to (or back to) school.
- Safe Kids: Pick this for your photo and you are helping a child in Mexico get to school safely by teaching parents and children about bike helmet and car safety.
I love that there are not only these three, but so many other causes, and all we have to do is Donate A Photo to help. Check out a few of the photos we have submitted:
- Head to Donate A Photo so you can find out how to download the free photo app for iOS and Android devices.
- Once you’ve got the app, register so you can start sharing those Selfless Selfies.
- Chose a cause
- Take (or pick from your library) a photo to upload
- Share on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Encourage friends and family to donate a photo too.
**Donations must be done through the mobile device, but anyone can see the experience and selfies shared by visiting the site.
Check out this video for a little more information:
So, go, register today, and feel even better about those selfies as they become Selfless Selfies!
One reader will win a Johnson & Johnson Healthy Essentials Prize Pack (products will differ from photos above). Enter using the Giveaway Tools below (it may take a minute to load so be patient)
Johnson & Johnson has curated a list of trusted causes, and you can donate a photo to one cause, once a day. Each cause will appear in the app until it reaches its goal, or the donation period ends. If the goal isn’t reached, the cause will still get a minimum donation.