Get ready to immerse yourself in even more Harry Potter fun with the Summer 2014 expansion at Universal Orlando. Part of that expansion is going to be a dream come true for Potterheads like myself…getting to ride on the Hogwarts Express!
Can you imagine….seeing seeing Hagrid come alongside the train on his flying motorbike! Because you will!
Watch as Buckbeak the Hippogriff swoops gracefully over the black lake!
Of course no scenery would be complete without seeing the Weasley twins on brooms and up to their usual antics! Those Weasley’s…gotta love ‘em!
This is going to be one of the most memorable and exciting experiences from the Harry Potter series will come to life at Universal Orlando Resort this summer. Just imagine (but soon you won’t have to):
- Being transported from the Muggle world to the wizarding world as you pass through the brick wall at King’s Cross Station to arrive at Platform 9 ¾
- Watching in amazement as the Hogwarts Express pulls into the station – its billowing steam and authentic whistle beckoning you to hop aboard
- Sitting in one of the train’s cabins with your family and friends and actually riding the Hogwarts Express – just as your favorite characters did in the Harry Potter films
- Looking outside your cabin window and enjoying a scenic, breathtaking journey through the British countryside as you encounter magical creatures, some of your favorite Harry Potter characters…and even Dementors… YIKES..good reason to have chocolate on hand, right!!
As a Harry Potter fan, this is such a dream. Getting to take the journey that took Harry to his “home”. The train will connect the new land (Diagon Alley) in Universal Studios Florida to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Islands of Adventure! This will allow guests with park-to-park admission (or annual passes to both parks) to enjoy the iconic journey aboard the Hogwarts Express!
Those who go, will get to experience something that has never been done before, connecting two themed areas with an actual train ride. It’s like immersing yourself into the story but in real life! With state-of-the-art technology, special effects, and much more, guests will get to enjoy two completely different experiences depending on which way they are traveling!
In addition to Hagrid, Buckbeak, and The Weasley Twins, guests will be able to look out their windows and see the Knight Bus swerving through London traffic – and other special moments and surprises. The amazing creative team from Universal has been working with Warner Bros., Stuart Craig and the production team from the Harry Potter films to create this, sure to be amazing, experience. They have done so much to make sure the experience is true to the books and films!
**Park-to-park admission is required to experience the Hogwarts Express journey from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley (located in Universal Studios Florida) to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure). For more information about the Hogwarts Express – including a new video that features a first-look at the ride experience – and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, visit www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter.**
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Shop, Dine and Stroll At Universal CityWalk In Orlando @UniversalORL - August 26, 2014
- Stay Organized This School Year With The momAgenda Mini Daily #momAgendaCOMM - August 26, 2014
- Experience Diagon Alley At Universal Orlando! @UniversalORL - August 26, 2014