During the summer one of our go to quick and easy lunch staples is a grilled cheese. This summer I am going to give it a bit of a twist for myself, thanks to this recipe by Iron Chef Marc Forgione. I will be trying the Lobster Grilled Cheese this summer. It’s super easy to make and being a fan of both lobster and cheese I think this is going to be a summer staple for me. Check out the recipe below:
Lobster Grilled Cheese
- 2 cups Lobster Stock (If you can’t find Lobster Stock, get seafood stock, which should be available at Whole Foods or Fox & Obels)
- 4 (1.5 pound) lobsters, claws removed
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- 6 ounces (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 8 slices of fontina cheese
- 4 slices Pullman Loaf or other high-quality thick sliced white bread (1” thick)
- Cut the tails off the lobster bodies, and into 1-inch pieces while the tails are still in their shells
- Bring the Lobster Stock to a simmer and add the Sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice. Piece by piece, whisk in 6 tablespoons of butter until emulsified. Reduce the remaining sauce until it slightly thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Toss the lobster tail pieces in oil with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Place the lobster pieces in a bowl and transfer to the fridge until cooled. When the lobster pieces have cooled, pop the meat out of the tails and set aside.
- For each sandwich take two slices of bread. Place one slice of fontina cheese on top of the first slice, cover the cheese with some lobster meat, sprinkle ½ tablespoon of tarragon, cover with a second slice of fontina cheese, and then top with the second piece of bread. Brush the outer sides of each slice of bread with melted butter and season with salt. Grill the sandwich on the T-fal Mini Grilled Cheese Griddle and serve with a small bowl of the chili sauce on the side.
Makes 4 whole sandwiches
Seriously, how tasty does that sound?? Paired with a glass of sweet tea and some fried pickles, I think that will be the best summer lunch EVA!
Recipe and photo courtesy of Marc Forgione and T-fal with permission to use
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Dove Wants To Know, Who Do You Feel Beautiful For? #FeelBeautifulFor #ad - November 21, 2014
- Fergie Talks Motherhood, AMAs, Music, and More #ABCTVEvent - November 21, 2014
- Why You’ll Fall In Love With Disney’s Feast #BigHero6Event - November 20, 2014