Product featured in this post were provided at no cost to the author. Opinions are the honest views of the author.
Growing up on the Florida Gulf Coast, I gained an appreciation for seafood early on. While there are a few seafood items I shy away from, overall, if you put seafood in front of me, I am going to eat it. When I was approached about reviewing Matlaw’s Stuffed Clams, I was excited to try something new. So, I gathered up friends and family for a night of tasty fun.
When the clams arrived I noticed just how much stuffing one shell had. We decided to enjoy salad and shrimp alfredo alongside the Matlaw’s Stuffed Clams. The combination was perfect.
Don’t they just look like the best baked clam goodness? Having never really had clams (at least that I can remember) I wasn’t sure what to expect. Thankfully, I was not disappointed. The flavor was right on. No fishy taste (which sometimes happens with seafood), perfectly seasonedm and I loved that it was served in a clam shell. Other than choosing the desired cooking method and placing the clams, there really is no preparation. Quite honestly, it’s one of the easiest seafood dishes I have “made” in a long time!
There are two ways to cook the clams, the grill or baked in a conventional. Whose the conventional oven, but you can cook them in a foil “boat” on the grill, which is great for those outdoor summer gatherings. All of my guests were impressed with Matlaw’s Stuffed Clams and are pushing me to plan a surf and turf night next. They complemented the shrimp alfredo amazingly, I bet they would be amazing with steak.
Here’s a little bit more about Matlaw’s Stuffed Clams and the variations they offer:
Matlaw’s is the second oldest seafood label in the United States. With a combination of consistent quality and value, we are proud to say Matlaw’s 9 pack stuffed clams is ranked #1 in the United States.
- Each stuffed item contains a mix of bread crumbs (Italian and white bread), Clam meat and selected, choice spices. Served in a natural clam shell.
- The Gourmet Seafood Products contain a mix of Italian style bread crumbs, green and red peppers along with celery and onions. Served in a natural shell.
- The Clams Casino contain parmesan cheese, bacon, clam meat and bread crumbs. Served in a natural shell.
- The Clams Oreganata contain Olive Oil, Oregano and Garlic. Served in a natural shell.
So the next time you have a get together and want a little something different, yet very tasty, to serve, be sure to check out Matlaw’s Stuffed Clams.
**These are my personal experiences, while I hope you have the same experience I can’t guarantee it will be so. If you are allergic to seafood or shellfish then this probably isn’t the best option for you. Just keeping it real!**
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Outlander Books Are Coming To Life In A New Series @TWC #Outlander - July 29, 2014
- Back To School With T-Mobile Tablets and Free Data For Life - July 28, 2014
- How to Prevent Diaper Rash and Keep your Baby’s Skin Smoother and Rash Free - July 25, 2014