The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
It’s sleek, it’s shiny and tiny….it’s the Misfit Shine found at Best Buy. With so many activity monitors out there I like one that’s easy to wear, easy to understand, and looks cute. Thanks to the Shine I am able to get all that in one.
This is the perfect gift to give to those fitness loving people in your life, or receive if you are wanting to be a little healthier. I will tell you, when I am tracking my activities I notice I put forth more effort. It’s like I have to win and beat my previous days numbers, basically my own little individual competition.
Once you have your Shine in hand, you download the app to your iPhone and you can keep track of your activity no matter where you are.
After choosing your daily goal, you simply set the Shine right on your iPhone and let it sync. It will also check for updates that way. I have loved watching my Shine each day to see how my activity level is. Some days when I check it, I get just the kick in the bootie I need to push myself a little harder. I love that it is waterproof, so this summer my days at the beach, in the ocean, can be tracked.
It also has a sleep monitor, which I love. Unfortunately, at this time, it’s showing me how little I really sleep. Last night for instance was 5 hours 24 minutes with only 1 hour 54 minutes of those being deep sleep. I have not been sleeping well the last few years, so this is going to be monitoring that and I am going to note what I do on days I sleep better in hopes I have more of those nights.
Here are a list of the Shine Features:
- Measures steps and distance traveled, as well as estimates calories burned to help you keep track of your workout progress.
- Tracks a number of activities including cycling, swimming, soccer, tennis and basketball for versatile monitoring.
- Records how well you sleep to help you monitor your overall health.
- Approximate 30-day history
- Without syncing lets you review your workout progress over time, while an unlimited storage capacity when syncing enables you to see long-term results.
- Watch function lets you keep track of time when you double tap the screen.
- Water-resistant design, reaching depths of up to 164′ allows you to swim with the monitor on.
- Elegant design
- Low-battery detection
- Aircraft-grade aluminum material
- Shine app. Set your daily goal and tag activities, then sync your device to see your progress.
The shine I received came with the the watch style band so I have been wearing it just like I would a watch. I also have the sport band, but you can also get leather bands and even a necklace for wearing it.
This is a great gift idea for those who have a fitness buff in their lives or treat yourself this Christmas and make the new year come with a newer healthier you!
Have you ever used an activity monitor??
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- THE BEST EVER Netflix News!!!! - November 30, 2016
- Where Did The Passion Go? - November 29, 2016
- Hallmark Channel’s “My Christmas Dream” #CountdowntoChristmas this Saturday, Nov 19th at 8pm/7c! - November 16, 2016