Giveaway is now closed. Winner will be listed on the winner’s page shortly and contacted via email.
Today we are featuring a gift basket o’ goodies from Conair for some great ideas to get Mom this Mother’s Day. I don’t know about you but I like to look good, well on days that I am not being lazy LOL. Part of the fun of being a mom who is girly is doing my hair. I like to curl, straighten, and everything in between. Conair has some great products for you to consider giving as gifts if the mom in your life likes all the girly stuff. I was contacted and asked if I would like to review (and giveaway) a few items they have and when I looked them over I knew this would be a great addition to my Mother’s Day Gift Guide.
First up is the Scünci Bendini™ . This is (supposed to be) an easy way to glam up a simple hair style. You first figure what hairstyle you are going with. At least part of it must be pulled up/back. Once you have your hair styled to your liking, you simply slide in and snap into place. I do suggest securing the style first, when I tried this with just hair (no rubber bands, etc) it didn’t hold well. So definitely secure the style and then add for a little extra effect. I also got the kids bendini to try on my daughter and she loved the added glam.
Next up is the You Style 2-in-1 brush! With one simple click this goes from a flat brush to a round brush. You can start while blow drying in the flat position so you can achieve that straight and smooth look (or for everyday brushing). Then click and make it round to get volume or flip over/under your ends. I have oogles of brushes for those reasons, I want different looks so I have a brush for each of them. I think I may finally get to get rid of some now that I have this brush. A few more things about the brush (from the site):
- Combination of boar and nylon bristles distributes scalp’s own oils to leave hair silky and shiny
- Vents allow airflow to reach hair for faster drying and styling
- Ball-tipped bristles gently glide through hair for stress-free brushing.
- No more need to pack two brushes when traveling — the You Style™ Brush is 2 brushes in 1!
The last item they sent me to try was the Infiniti Pro 2 inch Spin Air Brush ($68.99). That’s a mouthful to say huh! I was really excited to try this one as anything that can cut my hairstyling time down is definitely something I need. Or so I think I need. It’s in simple terms a brush dryer. Meaning you can use the air to dry hair while you style. Concept is über cool! It’s a monster in size, 2 inches around. With 2 heat settings and a cool setting you can dry and then set (and shine). One of the first things I noticed after the size was that it changed direction in rotation. So you don’t have to try using your non-dominant hand to style.
My thoughts after use. It does give you that curl under or flip out but it’s very subtle which I like since I am usually flat ironing my hair. Also it didn’t seem to want to work with my hair wet so I did have to partially dry it. Be careful when you first use it as the rotation is pretty fast and I got my hair tangled up (even though it has the tangle free bristles). After I got the hang of the speed it was easy to keep from tangling and I got a nice curl under. I did have to do sections of my hair as I do have thick and semi-curly hair. The rotation buttons are very touchy so a little touch is all you need. If you want volume use spin function, also great for lift at the roots. If you prefer no volume use without spin function. All in all minus a few little hitches I thought this was a great item to add to my hair routine and think your mom would love one of these this mothers day.
One lucky reader will win the Conair “basket” o’ goodies with everything I shared above. The bendini’s, 2-in-1 brush, and spin air brush!
Tell me one other item from Conair’s website that you would love to have (NOT THE ONES IN THE GIVEAWAY). This is required to enter!
Extra (optional) Entries:
1 Entry Each (leave a separate comment for each extra entry) :
- Subscribe to my blog through the orange heart icon (in sidebar)
- Subscribe to my blog through email (in sidebar)
- Follow me through Google Friend Connect (sidebar)
- Subscribe to my YouTube page.
- Follow @ToniPatton on twitter (leave your twitter name)
- Like A Daily Dose on Facebook and leave your fb name.
- Like Conair on facebook
- Follow @Conair_Hair on twitter
- Tweet the following tweet as many times as you would like every day (leave tweet url in your comment, must be a different url for each entry): Basket of goodies from @ToniPatton & @Conair_Hair http://bit.ly/fN6e2j #giveaway #contests
- Leave a comment on as many non-giveaway posts as you want. 1 entry for each, you can do this unlimited times, make sure to leave a separate comment for each one you do.
Giveaway will close on 5/10/11 at 8:00 p.m. CST.
Details to pay attention to when entering contests at A Daily Dose:
- Required entry MUST be done to qualify, not following this entry will result in all entries being deleted.
- Optional entries can only be done IF the required entry has been met. However they are completely optional and do not have to be done.
- Be sure to leave a SEPARATE comment for each entry so you don’t short yourself
- Winner will be picked at random by And The Winner Is plugin
- Winner will be emailed using the email they supplied to enter and will have 48 hours to respond or prize will be redrawn.
- ALL ENTRIES WILL BE VERIFIED (yes I can tell if you subscribe LOL) and entries that are not valid will be deleted.
For more on my review, giveaway, winner, and disclosure policies please see my disclosure.
* I was given Conair products to facilitate my review. No other form of compensation was given. Reception of product does not have influence on my views. Opinions are mine and mine only.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Rick Riordan’s “The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle” Giveaway - May 6, 2016
- JOY Blu-ray Giveaway - May 4, 2016
- 4 ‘Skinny’ Salsa Recipes For Your Cinco De Mayo Celebration - May 3, 2016