I haven’t share recipes in a few weeks so I thought this morning I would share a mushroom appetizer I love. Â Whenever I go to Red Lobster or Olive Garden I ALWAYS get the stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer. Â So delicious! Â Well I wanted to be able to make some mushroom appetizers at home so I started looking through my cookbooks a while back and found some that I loved in The Taste of Home Cookbook.
Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 24 to 30 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup onion and garlic salad croutons crushed
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1.5 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Â Using slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Remove mushroom stems from caps; set caps aside. Â Mince half the stems and discard the rest. Â Add minces stems to drippings; saute for 2-3 minutes. Â Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients and reserved bacon.
- Firmly stuff into mushroom caps. Â Place in a greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan. Â Bake at 425Â° for 12-15 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
This recipe is so good I am sure like in my house it will become a regular in yours! Â It is great for an appetizer or a side dish.
*This is not an original recipe this was taken from The Taste of Home CookBook.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Milk Bone Brushing Chews Promote Healthy Teeth, Treat Your Pup Today! - January 23, 2015
- Blueberries Are Perfect For Healthier Eating in 2015 - January 21, 2015
- RapidLash Eye Enhancing Serum Review #RapidLash #IC #ad - January 21, 2015