Get ready to fly into an adventure like none other with “Oz The Great and Powerful” that released to Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD, Digital and On-Demand, June 11, 2013. I never had the chance to see Oz The Great and Powerful when it was in theaters and was so disappointed. When I was asked if I would like a copy for review I was, to be honest, so excited. I have always loved The Wizard of Oz so, of course, I was ready to see how Oz came to be.
The characters were intriguing and the story line really drew me in. I had heard other say it was slow and disappointing but that could not be further from the true for me. I loved the whole movie from start to finish. The costumes, the characters, all fit together perfectly to make a fantastic movie. Check out a few clips from Oz The Great and Powerful:
When Oscar Diggs (James Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he’s hit the jackpot. Fame and fortune are his for the taking. That is until he meets three witches: Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity and even a bit of wizardry, Oscar transforms himself not only into a great wizard but into a better man as well.
The film is directed by Sam Raimi who helmed the record-crushing “Spider-Man” trilogy, and produced by Joe Roth who fashioned Disney’s billion dollar-plus earning “Alice in Wonderland.” “Oz The Great and Powerful” boasts a stellar cast that includes Academy Award nominee James Franco (“127 Hours”) as Oscar Diggs, the predestined wizard; Golden Globe nominee Mila Kunis (“Black Swan”) as the tormented young witch Theodora; Academy Award winner Rachel Weisz (“The Constant Gardener”) as Theodora’s older sister, Evanora, the witch who rules over the Emerald City; and three-time Oscar-nominated actress Michelle Williams (“Brokeback Mountain,” “Blue Valentine,” “My Week with Marilyn”) as Glinda, the Good Witch.
Oz The Great And Powerful on Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) boasts a sensational variety of never-before-seen bonus materials including:
- “The Magic of ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ Second Screen Feature” that provides viewers with an immersive opportunity to journey into the fantastical lands of Oz
- James Franco’s personal story of his journey to the land of Oz that is produced and directed by the Oscar® nominated star himself
- Golden Globe® nominee Mila Kunis’ makeup metamorphosis which is hosted by Academy Award®-winning makeup artist Howard Berger
- A back-stage journey through each of the visual effects process that brought China Girl to life including an interview with Joey King
- And much more!
Seeing how the famous wizard came to be was really fun. Head out and pick up your copy of Oz The Great and Powerful on Blu-ray or DVD today.
**As mentioned in the post I did receive a copy of the movie for sole purpose of review. All opinions are my own**
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salsa Recipe - June 21, 2016
- Otterbox Universe Case System at Best Buy! One Case. Endless Possibilities - June 18, 2016
- Finding Dory Inspired Summer Treats + A Prize Pack Giveaway - June 17, 2016