Fourth of July is right around the corner. We always love to get together with family and friends to celebrate, part of the celebration is good food! I am a huge fan of the Kraft Dirt Cups, but wanted to put a little twist on the dessert for our July 4th celebrations! I loosely followed the recipe, but made it with my own twist, so the dirt cups would be patriotic themed!
After gathering the ingredients, I got my little helper and we began creating our “Patriotic Dirt Cups”. Here are the photo steps to creating the perfect Patriotic Dirt Cups (written instructions with measurements, below)
In the end, you’ll have a fun dessert for your July 4th celebration! See, how cute would this be to serve to friends and family:
Patriotic Dirt Cups
- 1 pkg (5.1 oz) JELL-O Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 (8 oz.) tub COOL WHIP, whipped topping
- 12 Oreo Cookies
- Red and Blue Food Dye
- Pre-made Star Shaped Sugar Cookies
- Make JELL-O according to package instructions and set aside for 5 minutes to set.
- While JELL-O is setting, put Oreo’s into plastic bag and use wood roller to crush.
- Add COOL WHIP to JELL-O and divide into three portions.
- Add red dye to one portion and blue dye to one portion.
- Layer red JELL-O on bottom of container/cup/shooter, follow with blue, and white.
- Top with Oreo “dirt” and top with star cookie!
I want good, affordable mealtime solutions for our patriotic party! Thankfully Kraft’s Cooking Up Good Page had me in mind. Kraft has a created fantastic page where you can watch technique videos from top-food bloggers to learn new kitchen skills and unlock coupons, create a collection of your favorite Kraft Recipes and be entered for a chance to win a $100, $250, or $1,450 Walmart gift card, plus find all the Kraft favorites your family loves. To enter, simply create an eCard with your favorite top-Pinned Kraft Foods, fill out the form, and share your card.
With July 4th right around the corner, I want fun foods to enjoy with family and friends. Check out everything Kraft has to offer and be sure to check back here all this week as I have fun patriotic themed treats to share! What is your favorite food to make for Fourth of July!
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Can You Find The 7th Minion, Before “Minions” Hits Theaters July 10 #Ad #Cbias - June 30, 2015
- Kids Shows On Netflix For Those “I’m Bored” Summer Days - June 29, 2015
- Our Favorite Summer Movies (so far) + Fandango Gift Card Giveaway - June 29, 2015