Today (January 19) is nation popcorn day, why not celebrate with this Peanut Butter Caramel Corn Recipe!
There is nothing like some tasty snacks and popcorn is one of those snacks we always have on hand in our house. I love it salty, I love it sweet and if I can get that in a little bit of a healthier way then that’s just an added bonus. Thanks to the new Cooking Light “The New Way To Cook Light” cook book I can get treats and meals on the lighter side. I am definitely hoping to add this book to my cook book collection but until then I am going to be trying out the recipe they sent me….Peanut Butter Caramel Corn.
Peanut Butter Caramel Corn Recipe
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup light-colored corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 250.
2. Line a jelly-roll pan with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray.
3. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add popcorn; cover and cook 4 minutes, shaking pan frequently. When popping slows, remove pan from heat. Let stand until popping stops. Uncover; add almonds.
4. Combine sugar, syrup, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla, and stir until smooth. Drizzle over popcorn; toss well. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely.
Serves 20 (serving size: about ¾ cup).
calories 155; fat 7.4g (sat 1.8g, mono 3.5g, poly 1.6g); p rot e in 2.6g; c a r b 21.3g; fiber 1.4g; chol 4mg; iron 0.4mg; sodium 108mg; calc 17mg
I don’t know about you but this sounds like a perfect snack to me. Perfect for watching the big game, when you are having a get together, or simply when you are wanting something tasty. Peanut Butter Caramel Corn is definitely going to be making an appearance in my home. What are some of your favorite snacks?
**Recipe and photo were provided WITH permission to use**
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Meatless Meals That Are Full of Flavor #sponsored - September 19, 2014
- Lessons We Can Learn From The Duggar Family - September 17, 2014
- Tailgating Must Haves For This Football Season #SamsClubTailgating #sp - September 17, 2014