I seriously just breathed a huge sigh of contentment. If you recall about a month (or a little over) ago Picnik announced it was closing it’s doors, no more picnik!!! WAIT WHAT!!! I know I am not the only blogger who had a moment of hyperventilating when realizing one of my most used photo editing tools was closings. I am not a photographer and I know Picnik was not meant for those serious in photography. It did come in very handy for me when I wanted to edit, watermark or just have fun with a photo and I can’t for the life of me learn photoshop elements, trust me I’ve tried. I will keep trying but I wanted my Picnik and I wanted it to stay. What is a blogger to do?
Be still my heart, today I came across PicMonkey and almost cried tears of sheer joy. Could it really be, something similar to Picknik. I ventured in to test it out and was very pleasantly surprised at the features which include:
- Basic edits (Crop, Rotate, Exposure, Colors, Sharpen, Resize as well as an auto adjust)
- Effects (basic edits, camera look, paintbox, area, and artsy with each having several sub categories to choose from to make your picture look the way you want it to)
- Touch Up (skin, mouth, eyes, and the rest, so you can have flawless hair, teeth, skin and whatever your little heart desires)
- Text (while it doesn’t have as many choices as Picnik did it has many to choose from and a few ones I didn’t see there)
- Overlays (or stickers as Picnik would call them)
- Borders (otherwise known as frames)
The only big thing I noticed they didn’t have yet (I say yet because I see them going big and expanding to more photo fun) are the collages. I think PicMonkey is going to be the replacement for Picnik and have high hopes for it. I’ve been playing around on it today and it is very easy to use. See the very simple project I finished (all I did was add text and a fram for this one):
I have to say I am thrilled that PicMonkey has made an appearance and will definitely be using it. It also looks like they have “premium features” so I will be trying those out soon. I beg of you PicMonkey don’t do us wrong and leave us hanging. I have high hopes for our future together!
Have you tried PicMonkey yet?
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Go On A Dragon Adventure With “Dragons: Race to the Edge” On Netflix #StreamTeam #Ad - July 31, 2015
- Behind the Scenes of Disney’s BUNK’D! - July 30, 2015
- Good Eats: Zoës Kitchen in Pensacola, Florida - July 30, 2015