My daughter is beautiful, she is strong and every day she inspires me.
But we all know, it’s hard being a girl sometimes. It’s even tougher when we are growing up and learning about ourselves, dealing with all the changes life brings and dealing with self-esteem issues. It’s not easy being a grown-up girl with so many issues in the world the last thing I need nagging me are any self-worth issues and I want my daughter to grow up not having any of those issues either. I look at my daughter and I truly see perfection. Not just in her outward beauty but also her inward beauty. I want her to see her worth the way I see it! So, as her mom it’s important I do what I can to instill positive self-image in her life.
Dove has a movement right now where they are challenging people to help to build our girls self-esteem and I love that. So, today I want to share some of the ways I am helping my daughter feel good about herself.
- Give her daily affirmations, positive words.
- Every morning I wake her up with a kiss on the cheek and tell her how special God made her.
- Highlight and praise the things she excels in so she doesn’t focus on the things she struggles with.
- Reminding her that she is a strong woman.
- Tell her it’s her inner beauty that shines through and makes her a beautiful person on the outside.
- Tell her it’s okay to cry, to be hurt, that will only make her stronger. Showing emotion is a wonderful thing!
There are so many things we can do to make sure our girls feel good about themselves. Whether it’s through words or using brands, like Dove, that help make them feel good about themselves. You can grab Dove products at Walmart. In our house, we love the Dove White Beauty Bar, Deep Moisture Body Wash, Advanced Care Original Clean Deodorant, and Daily Moisture Shampoo. Dove products help us feel our best every day and that helps me and my daughter have a high self-esteem. It’s all about feeling good and using products like Dove make us feel beautiful!
One reader will win a gift basket that includes a fun Permanent 14 piece (your tweet inscribed on wood), dove products, a loofah and a Walmart gift card. To enter, simply tweet how you encourage young girls to build their self-esteem. Remember to follow and tag @tonipatton in the tweet and use the hashtags #WMSharePositivity and #Sweepstakes, otherwise, your entry won’t count! Winner will be picked randomly on twitter and will be contacted via DM for prize (this is why you MUST be following me). BEFORE ENTERING, be sure to read all the rules that go along with the giveaway here and here. By entering you are agreeing to all giveaway terms and conditions!
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen Wants Us All To Inspire Goodness + $50 Gift Card Giveaway - March 21, 2017
- Raceday Food Ideas To Enjoy During the IMSA Racing Event - March 14, 2017
- Homemade Berry Sorbet - March 13, 2017