Living on the Florida gulf coast, there is no lack of seafood. In fact it’s one of my favorite things to eat. Right now it’s red snapper season, so when I was sent the following recipe I just knew I had to share. Really one to enjoy red snapper, I am excited about trying this as soon as my husband brings in a haul. This would definitely make a perfect Father’s Day meal.
Red Snapper Veracruz
Makes 2 serving
- 2 (4-6 ounce) fillets red snapper
- Juice of 1 lime
- Tabasco or hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup chicken, fish stock or water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup pimento stuffed green olives
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- Lime wedges
- Wash and pat dry fish fillets. Combine lime juice and hot sauce in a shallow bowl. Add fish fillets and marinade 1/2 hour.
- Combine flour, salt, and chili powder together in a shallow bowl.
- Remove fish from marinade and pat dry with paper towel. Dredge in flour mixture on both sides. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a WearEver Cast Lite Fry Pan over medium heat. Cook the fish on both sides until golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- Add the salsa, garlic and combine with the broth or water, cumin, oregano and olives. Bring to a simmer.
- Gently place the fish in the salsa mixture and spoon some salsa over the fish. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the sauce. Spoon and divide remaining sauce between two shallow soup bowls or serving plates. Place 1/2 cup of rice in center of each plate and top with cooked fish. Spoon reserved sauce over fish and rice and sprinkle cilantro. Serve with avocado slices and lime wedges.
I am thinking asparagus boquets would be a perfect side dish to this Red Snapper Veracruz recipe. If you were going to make this as the main part of your meal what would be some side dishes you would use?
WearEver has just launched a Cast Lite Fry Pan, made of cast aluminum, which is 50% lighter material than normal cast-iron cookware. WearEver Cast Lite Fry Pan offers the “home cook” professional-level searing and deglazing of foods that comes with using a cast pan, yet the easy-to-use and dishwasher-safe features of a non-stick interior. The Cast Lite Fry Pan is now available at Walmart.
**Recipe and photos courtesy of WearEver with request to share with my readers**
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Best Whole Roasted Chicken Recipe EVAH! - January 14, 2017
- The Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar Recipe + Giveaway - January 10, 2017
- Fight Your Cold Symptoms with Advil Cold & Sinus - January 6, 2017