I LOVE Rick Riordan books, there hasn’t been one that hasn’t kept my attention from beginning to end. So, of course, I can’t wait to feast my eyes on the words in his newest book “The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle”. Even better, I have a prize pack just for my readers, but I’m getting a little ahead of myself. Let’s chat, first, about the book!
The Hidden Oracle
After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disoriented, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus’s favor.
But Apollo has many enemies—gods, monsters, and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.
Man, poor Apollo! Can you imagine having godly powers and then boom, gone they are and you are a regular joe schmo walking the streets. Talk about a smack into a different kind of reality! Rick Riordan has always written amazing tales and I love that they delve into greek mythology!
Now, I’m going to be giving away a copy of the book a little further down in the post, but what’s even cooler than that is that some of the retailers selling The Hidden Oracle are doing some fun stuff too! The Hidden Oracle is being released with five retail-specific editions that all hit the shelves on May 3rd. Each edition includes a unique insert that you can get exclusively from that retailer. Collect them all!
- Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition includes a Camp Half-Blood letter from Apollo to Zeus!
- Target Exclusive Edition includes an illustrated map of Apollo’s Trials at Camp Half-Blood
- Books-a-Million Exclusive Edition includes an Apollo Bumper Sticker (“I’d Rather be Driving by Sun Chariot”)
- Walmart Exclusive Edition includes a 2-sided bookmark with character art of Apollo and his mortal counterpart, Lester.
- Costco Exclusive Edition includes an illustrated poster depicting the “Plague of Secrets” scene from The Hidden Oracle
So, which one do you want to pick up, which extra sounds like something you would want?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rick Riordan, dubbed “Storyteller of the Gods” by Publishers Weekly, is the author of three #1 New York Times best-selling middle grade series with millions of copies sold throughout the world: Percy Jackson and the Olympians, based on Greek mythology; the Kane Chronicles, based on Ancient Egyptian mythology; and the Heroes of Olympus, based on Greek and Roman mythology.
Rick collaborated with illustrator John Rocco on two best-selling collections of Greek myths for the whole family: Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods and Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes. The first book in his Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard trilogy based on Norse mythology, The Sword of Summer, also debuted at #1 on the New York Times list.
Rick lives in Boston, Massachusetts with his wife and two sons. Follow him on Twitter at @camphalfblood.
- Learn more at ReadRiordan.com
- Follow Disney on Twitter and Instagram
- Follow Rick on Twitter and Instagram
- ‘Like’ Percy Jackson on Facebook
One winner will win a copy of The Trails of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle and a $25 Visa gift card. To enter use the form below! *Giveaway open to US addresses only. Prizing and samples provided by Disney-Hyperion.*
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen Wants Us All To Inspire Goodness + $50 Gift Card Giveaway - March 21, 2017
- Raceday Food Ideas To Enjoy During the IMSA Racing Event - March 14, 2017
- Homemade Berry Sorbet - March 13, 2017