Products in this post have been provided for sole purpose of review. Opinions are that of the author and always honest.
My husband is venturing through college as he works his way to an accounting degree. Recently, I was asked to test out the Samsung Chromebook and it came at a the perfect time for his college classes. He has one of my old tiny little netbooks but the screen is smaller than my tablet so, for school, it wasn’t the best option. Thankfully, the Samsung Chromebook was the answer.
We received some goodies from Staples, the Samsung Chromebook was one of those goodies. I just knew this would come in handy for the man as he worked on his degree. The box included a few essentials to get started
The instructions were very easy to understand so, of course, the tech loving mom that I am, I jumped right in.
Connecting the power cord was simple, and I noticed that there are several hubs for different things (headphones, usb ports, etc). The cord was two pieces that you connect, then plug one in into the wall outlet and one into the little plug area on the side of the Chromebook. Once we were connected to power it was time to get going and set this new toy up..
The Samsung Chromebook is so easy to set up, I was grinning ear to ear that I was able to do it myself. After you power on, you select your language and keyboard settings, then connect to your network and you are ready to go. Logging in using your google account, you select your icon (if there are going to be multiple users) then start reading the tutorials. In no time, I was cruising the internet and I love that it is compatible with Google accounts so I can access my email, chats, and more right from the home screen.
While I have passed this on to my husband, as mentioned above, I love that the Chromebook is so easy to use and set up. This is definitely something I could see us picking up for our kids as they get older and need their own computers for school purposes.
Here are a few more specs on the Samsung Google Chromebook
- 2.5 pounds
- 0.8 inches thin
- Over 6.5 hours of battery life
- Samsung Exynos 5 Dual 1.7GHz 1MB Cache Processor
- 2 GB DDR3L 800Mhz Installed Memory
- 16GB Solid State Drive
- 11.6″ HD Anti-reflective Display (1366 x768)
- Google Chrome Operating System
What I really love about the Chromebook is that is really is small enough to go anywhere but powerful enough to handle the workload my husband is giving it! Now, let’s talk about what little gem came into my life and made it a little better for traveling….
That’s the Samsonite Vizair Laptop Backpack, which is one of the many laptop bags you can find at Staples. This backpack/laptop bag is truly like a mobile office. Looking at it you wouldn’t believe how much it holds. As a blogger, when I travel I am taking my computer, my tablet, my phone, two binders, folders, and of course lots and lots of cords for charging. Okay, so I probably take much more than that but those are the essentials. My work goes with me on vacation, blog trips, pretty much everywhere. In the past that meant carrying several different bags to fit everything. This bag changed all that…
With a tablet pocket, laptop compartment, and a middle pocket big enough to fit, well, a lot of stuff, the Samsonite Vizair Laptop Bag was just what I needed for my travels. I loved the silver and pink color scheme. Too many times I find myself not a fan of the computer backpacks because they aren’t very girly. This one is, which I enjoyed. I also noted that, while heavy, it didn’t dig into my back thanks to the padded back and shoulder straps. This is probably one of those bags I could carry for hours if I hadn’t weighed it down with way to much, but for a student it would be perfect for toting all their books and computer between classes.
A few more specs:
- Air bumpers on the bottom and corners of the bag for great protection
- Thetechnology which means your laptop can receive the same shock absorption that runners enjoy in their footwear
- Padded laptop compartment with super soft lining
- Accommodates up to 15.6″ laptop
- Cushioned comfort grip handle
- Easy access quick stash front pocket with super soft lining
- Front organizer Neoprene organizer for all of your business needs
- Large capacity for books, clothes, files, etc.
- 3 air bumpers for superior laptop protection
- Cool flow air padding on back for comfort
- Two side pockets for water bottles, etc.
- Dimensions: 17″H x 13″W x 8″D, 2 lbs
This bag will definitely be accompanying me on my future travels!
No matter what you are looking for when it comes to back to school (grade, high, or college) time Staples definitely makes going back to school a bit easier…like the button says “That Was Easy“
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Wordless Wednesday: Beach Life - August 24, 2016
- Celebrate National Rum Day (or any Occasion) at Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen + GIVEAWAY - August 21, 2016
- Words Do More Than Just Hurt, They Can Kill - August 16, 2016