I am half Italian and you can usually tell it with my love for carbs, pasta sauce, and so many other Italian dishes. Today I want to share with you one of my favorite snacks that is probably one of the easiest things outside of grabbing a bag of chips….Bruschetta.
I headed to the store to pick up my supplies. Instead of the loaf I usually pick up for this dish I went a little different route and picked up some King’s Hawaiin Dinner rolls and some tomatoes. The rest of the ingredients I had at home.
Then I got to making. Check out the recipe I use (please note there are no measurements because I do a lot of eyeball cooking, advanced apologies).
- Roma Tomatoes
- Minced Garlic (sometimes I use fresh but I was in a hurry so jarred it was)
- Basil (fresh or dry)
- Salt, Pepper
- Olive Oil
- King’s Hawaiin dinner rolls (sliced in half)
- Broil King’s Hawaiin rolls just so they brown on top
- Roughly chop tomatoes and put into bowl juice and all. Make them as small or as big as you would like.
- Add garlic, basil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add olive oil and mix.
- Scoop spoonful on top of dinner roll and eat immediately.
This is absolutely one of the easiest appetizers and/or side dishes I make and it is such a hit with family and friends. Try it out today or when you have your next Italian dinner night. It goes great with pasta.
I love to share this tasty snack with friends and family. What is your favorite dish to share with the family? Comment below and you’ll be entered to win a $200 Grocery gift card King’s Hawaiian.
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Make Me Hungry Monday: Valentine’s Day Recipes Link-Up - February 8, 2016
- Suffering In Silence: A Smile Doesn’t Mean Everything’s Okay - February 6, 2016
- Host The Perfect Party With Dunkin Donuts Vanilla Cupcake Coffee - February 5, 2016