Here in Florida, it’s been pretty cold, which makes me want soup, soup and maybe a little more soup! I love soups that I can throw in my slow cooker and enjoy at dinner, and this Cheesy Potato Soup Recipe is one that is going to be a regular meal for us during these cold months!
It’s a new year, which means new opportunities to impress family and friends with your weekly home-cooked meals, but your cookbook is so last year. So how will you keep things fresh at the table? Publix makes it easy with The Best Meals Happen at Home e-newsletter. Full of great recipes and exclusive coupons, the Best Meals e-newsletter, is your ticket to exciting meal ideas. Plus, the all-new Best Meals website is full of even more recipes and videos featuring must-know cooking tips. Visit now to sign up for savings and find tonight’s dinner inspiration.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup Ingredients:
- Reynolds™ Slow Cooker Liners
- One bag (32 oz.) frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- ½ cup frozen chopped onion (from 12 oz. bag), thawed
- One medium stalk celery diced (½ cup)
- One carton (32 oz.) Progresso™ Chicken Broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- One bag (8 oz.) shredded American-Cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
- ¼ cup real bacon pieces (from 2.8 oz. package)
- Four medium green onions, sliced (¼ cup)
After placing a liner in the slow cooker, you add your onions, celery, potatoes, broth, and water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. I did mine for 7 hours, and then in a small bowl, combine flour with the milk; stir into potato mixture. Turn heat to High and cook an additional 20-30 minutes while mixture thickens. Increase heat setting to HIGH. Stir in cheese until melted. Then garnish with green onions, bacon pieces, extra cheese or even sour cream!
It was a huge hit, and we ate every drop. While the Cheesy Potato Soup was amazing down to the very last bite, what I loved was how easy the cleanup was. If I could share one kitchen tip, it would be to always have the Reynold’s Slow Cooker Liners on hand. These make slow cooker meal clean up so much less frustrating, so you can enjoy your meal knowing clean-up will be a breeze!
One winner will receive a $50 Publix gift card to stock up on ingredients to make this slow cooker cheesy potato soup.
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter simply tweet me your answer to the following question: “What’s your favorite recipe from The Best Meals Happen at Home site? #BestMealsSavings” Be sure to tag @tonipatton and use #BestMealsSavings in your tweet, then leave a comment here with your tweet link so I can verify! It’s a super easy giveaway so be sure to enter!
Thanks to Publix Best Meals at Home for creating this recipe so our family can enjoy this regularly. Be sure to check out the Publix Best Meals site for many more great meal ideas!
**By entering giveaways you are agreeing to the giveaway rules as listed on this site as well as the giveaway rules listed here.**
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen Wants Us All To Inspire Goodness + $50 Gift Card Giveaway - March 21, 2017
- Raceday Food Ideas To Enjoy During the IMSA Racing Event - March 14, 2017
- Homemade Berry Sorbet - March 13, 2017