Today is Superbowl Sunday which means out come the dips and finger foods. Each year I make some kind of dip and this year is no different. I decided to go with my famous salsa recipe but change out the regular Del Monte diced tomatoes with a little something different. For a little different flavor I used Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies and Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies. Would it be a hit or miss for this salsa loving girl? Time to gather the ingredients and get started…
1 can Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
1 can Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies
1 bunch cilantro
1 green bell pepper
1 small red onion
2 jalapeños (seeded)
3 cloves garlic (or more to taste)
6 green onions
2 packets Sazon Goya: Con culantro y achiote seasoning (8 packets come in one box, found in the latin section)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt & Pepper to tast.
Pour tomatoes into bowl (do not drain)
Rough chop veggies, then using food processor, process all the fresh veggies and add to tomatoes
Pour Goya seasoning, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper over the veggies and mix well
Eat immediately or you can let sit for the flavors to blend more. I am impatient and eat right away.
I already loved my regular salsa, so I fully admit to going in hesitant to change up anything. I was very pleasantly surprised at the difference and it was so good. It has a bit more of a smoky flavor due to the chipotle tomatoes but it was complimentary, not over powering. The green chilies simply added an extra kick but not so much that my kids could not enjoy it, though you will want to gauge that yourself because my kids love spicy foods, just not burn your tongue off spicy.
Tonight, for the superbowl, we will be enjoying our Southwestern Salsa and whatever other finger foods we come up with. We’ll turn on the flat screen and have a grand ‘ole time. Speaking of flats screens, here’s a little something you might be interested in…
Del Monte is giving you a chance to win a Sony® 55” LED TV, Bose® home theater system and Sony® Blu-ray player (ARV $4,779.00 USD) or one of the many other prizes available. How awesome would that be for next year’s big game!!
The info you need to get started:
- Follow the Del Monte Brand on Pinterest
- Create a Pinterest board named “Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off”
- Pin at least two (2) Del Monte Tomato Recipes from the “Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off” Pinterest board and at least two (2) football entertaining ideas
- Register your Pinterest board to the Del Monte page from January 21st through February 15th to be entered into the Del Monte® Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off Sweepstakes program.
So go enter, but before you do, I have a giveaway you might want to enter here to!
(1) Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
(1) Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies
$25 Visa gift card
*Enter using the Giveaway Tools Form below
**The Del Monte products, information and two gift packs have been provided by Del Monte. Recipe and opinions are my own**
Latest posts by Toni Patton (see all)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Global Unboxing Event - August 26, 2015
- Effortless Meals ~ Easy Chicken and Dumplings - August 25, 2015
- Go Back To Campus With Schick - August 24, 2015